TITLE: Real Estate Analyst – Charlotte
DEPARTMENT: Asset Enhancement & Acquisitions
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
ROLE: To act in a support position to the Managing Director of Asset Enhancement and the Acquisitions team to drive and execute value add strategies to meet and exceed targeted investor returns for assets under management; work with the acquisitions team to continue to grow the Charlotte office portfolio; and to represent The Dilweg Companies, LLC well in the community and in all professional and industry relationships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide direct support, as needed, to the Charlotte team as they:
- Underwrite prospective acquisitions in the Charlotte region
- Establish property specific leasing, operational, service and capital strategies to meet ownership return objectives.
- Develop, recommend and implement tactical plans that enhance the value of each of the assigned assets.
- Represent the property owner(s) in matters concerning the leasing and management of the assigned assets.
- Implement multi-million dollar renovation plans to reposition assets.
- Assure effective relationships with the tenants.
- Assist the acquisition team to help grow the Charlotte region portfolio.
- Introduce and strengthen The Dilweg Companies brand to Charlotte and positively reinforce it in everyday dealings with the business and local communities we serve.
To perform the following independently:
- Provide underwriting and market analysis for acquisition opportunities.
- Provide financial analyses for proposed lease transactions.
- Participate in weekly leasing pipeline meetings/calls and follow up on action items as needed.
- Maintain property ARGUS files with updated leasing activity.
- Provide analyses for operational and capital projects in an effort to create additional asset value.
- Provide ad hoc reports and analyses as required for lenders, investors and company leadership.
- Regularly update cash flow forecasts and variance analyses.
- Prepare hold/sell analyses.
- Assist property managers and property accountants in monthly property-level reforecasts.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages.
- Maintain leasing pipeline software (Hightower).
- Perform other analytical tasks that may be requested from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A college degree in business, finance, economics, real estate or comparable field.
- One to two years relevant experience.
- ARGUS training or certification strongly preferred.
Experience with and a demonstrated ability to:
- Perform financial analyses (NPV, IRR, ROI, lease comparison, DCF modeling, payback).
- Analyze asset management related financial data (including variance reports, rent rolls, expenses, forecasts, lease proposals, lease abstracts, etc.) and make recommendations where warranted.
- Read and understand leases.
- Utilize computer software well (Word, Excel, Outlook, and proprietary commercial real estate programs). ARGUS proficiency is strongly preferred.
- Relate effectively to third party managers, leasing agents, and service providers.
- Communicate well – written and oral.
- Interact via email, phone and in person with the commercial real estate community, especially with other analysts and brokers.
- Self-confident, self-motivated, enthusiastic.
- Self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
- Critical thinker. Results oriented.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative, committed to the success of the team.
- See: View CRT Screens, Mobile Phone Screens, Color Perception, Driving.
- Hearing/Listening: Clear Speech.
- Touching/Dexterity: Walk; Bend; Reach; Finger. Lifting - 25 pounds. Sit/Stand.
- Mental/Reasoning Requirements: Reading-Simple; Writing-Simple; Clerical; Basic Math Skills; Analysis/Comprehension; Judgment/Decision Making.
Background check, drug testing required. Two to four years’ experience in relevant experience. Our company uses E-Verify.
Excellent salary and benefits package. (Health insurance, IRA, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick time.) For immediate consideration, please respond with resume.