Richman Property Services, Inc., a rapidly expanding national residential property management company, is currently seeking a hands-on, exceptional and highly motivated Regional Property Manager to oversee a portfolio of market-rate, mixed income, HUD and LIHTC / affordable housing units located throughout Northern and Southern California.
The Regional Property Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and work out of Los Angeles.
The Regional Manager will be required to oversee all aspects of management of the apartment community portfolio and will be responsible for the implementation of comprehensive business plans, initiatives, and strategies that promote the optimum achievement of operational, financial, and overall performance of the assigned portfolio.
The Regional Property Manager will have a proven track record in a Residential Property Management position and will work closely with the Property Managers, Maintenance departments and Regional Managers of the designated region.
The Regional Property Manager will be responsible for managing the apartment communities to achieve maximum pre-determined marketing and financial results. They will also be responsible for implementing company leasing policies, accounting procedures, resident relations and management reports. Hiring, training, supervising and motivating on-site personnel is required.
1. Primary Responsibilities
- Oversees property operations within the assigned portfolio to ensure corporate policies and procedures are followed and enforced
- Ensures a safe, healthy and accident free work environment by implementing company policy and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Provides back up and support to Property Managers and Supervisors
- Communicates regularly with the Corporate Office
- Provides direction on a property’s marketing strategy to generate rentals or rent increases
2. Meet Budget Objectives (Maximize Revenue)
Collection of Budgeted Income
- Maximize gross rent
- Minimize vacant and delinquent rent loss
- Maximize miscellaneous income items
3. Control Expenditures
- Plan, schedule and control expenditures in order to obtain products and services at minimum cost
- Review and approve purchase and payables
- Schedule and approve vendor services
- Perform Market and Product Analysis
- Suggest competitive prices to Vice President based on survey information in order to meet or exceed budget objectives
- Generate traffic in the most cost-effective manner
- Assist VP in the development of strategic marketing plans
5. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises all Property Managers of assigned region
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and college coursework or training in Property Management required; Associate’s Degree preferred; CPM designation desired.
Experience: Minimum 5 years prior property management experience required. Multi-site property management and lease up experience strongly preferred.
Skills & Certifications:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook and Property Management software ( e.g. OneSite)
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational and analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment, i.e. printers, copy machines, telephone systems, facsimile machines
- Working Knowledge of market rate and LIHTC programs and Fair Housing Laws and EEO Laws
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, 401(k), paid time off and bonus potential.
FT - RPS offers 15 days of PTO a year with the potential of 20 after 3 years with us!
PT – RPS offers 7 days of PTO a year with the potential of 10 after 3 years with us!
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity with one of the top Property Management organizations in the country, we’d like to hear from you!
We conduct criminal background and drug screening.