NorthMarq Capital is seeking a Investment Analyst to support key Production personnel in the Seattle office. This position is best suited for someone who has worked in the real estate services industry and has a desire to grow into a production role. As such, the position will be essentially be a mentorship and afford the individual to work with Producers who are at the top of the industry.
NorthMarq Capital is one of the largest commercial real estate mortgage banking firms worldwide. We continually establish new standards of excellence in serving a nationwide client base while focusing on the importance of relationships and service.
- Organization – Responsible for providing Analyst support to Production Staff through underwriting, due diligence, servicing, closing and various support functions.
- Execution and Direction - Preliminary and Final Investment Reports and Appraisals:
- Prepares preliminary and final investment reports in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include narrative analysis of the borrower, property, location and market.
- Prepares an appraisal report utilizing the three approaches to value and develops a final valuation estimate
- Coordinate due diligence, inspection properties, reviews building plans, calculates building sizes, orders and analyzes credit reports and other pertinent underwriting criteria
- Lease briefs – Prepares summary analysis of leases for use in investment reports.
- Comparable data – Gathers site, neighborhood, and city data from sources both inside and outside the regional office. Analyzes data clients, if necessary.
- Photography/graphics – Provides or orders aerial and or on-site photographs, maps, graphics and other exhibit material.
- Market Research – Prepare market research including absorption surveys and occupancy studies. Also prepare special reports as required including demographic analysis, economic studies, and metropolitan industry analysis.
- Closing – Provide closing coordination, follow up on all due diligence with regard to closing, including acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Servicing – Perform regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio appraisals, lease reviews, and normal routine regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge which is essential in providing quality work.
- Customer Service – Responsible for providing investors and borrower with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Sales – Ability to generate leads, network, and negotiate real estate transactions.
- Experience in a related field preferred but not required.
- Four-year college degree. Major in real estate/finance preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with ability to calculate NOI, DSC, LTV, LTC, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge and skills. Including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.), and graphic software in relation to real estate. Knowledge of ARGUS software and InDesign a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Customer service oriented.
Demonstrated Professional Competencies to include:
This addresses interpersonal and professional competencies, such as;
- Ability to motivate others and provide positive direction when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; needs to be resourceful.
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations, combined with a team player “get the job” done attitude.
Required Professional Certifications or Licenses:
- Holds or will obtain a salesperson or broker’s license in the state of Washington
**All candidates must apply online
**Questions about this position, please contact Maria Sather in Human Resources -NorthMarq Capital