Assistant Property Manager
BKM Management Company is a growing firm and we are looking for driven, entrepreneurial professionals that want to grow with us and are passionate about their work. Located in Phoenix, Arizona, the Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in all areas defined as a part of the Property Manager job description. This is a management role that will directly and indirectly supervise individuals, building staff, operations, and coordinate the various functions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring client facilities generate a satisfactory cash flow, maintaining the property in accordance with client standards and requirements, and preserving customer satisfaction.
The Job Essentials:
- The Assistant Property Manager should be capable of managing the building staff/community in the absence of the General Manager or Property Manager. This includes being able to perform all managerial functions which are included in the General Manager’s or Property Manager’s job description, or as directed by the General manager or Property Manager.
- Potential duties are listed below and are dependent on the type, size, and complexity of the building(s) managed.
- Responsible for invoicing including receipt and processing for payment according to established procedures, including verification of appropriate back-up, coding and vouchering. After approval by the PM, GM and/or Director, forward invoices to accounting for processing.
- Maintain Tenant Information database.
- Maintain “Critical Dates” report which lists all tenant anniversaries, lease expirations, options, rent increase dates, etc.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating budgets and reports for the facility.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating expense reconciliations.
- If there is more than one Assistant Property Manager at a site, the GM or Property Manager will designate the Assistant Property Manager who will be in charge of the property in the GM or Property Manager’s absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in an analyst and/or management role within commercial real estate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
Selection Process: Don’t fret if you don’t hear from us immediately. We are growing and always looking for talented, hardworking people like you.
What We’re All About
Headquartered in Irvine, California, BKM Management Company is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.