Integrated Program Managers are Corporate Real Estate generalists that advise Clients on various aspects of Corporate Real Estate delivery. IPM’s act as Trusted Advisors that own Real Estate execution from idea to occupancy which enables our Clients to focus on alignment between business objectives and real estate solutions. IPM’s identify key priorities for each project and work to align organizational stakeholders with the project objectives. IPM’s lead the project delivery team to ensure quality, speed, predictability and Business-Enabling real estate outcomes.
* Lead the client relationship/interface for the assigned business segment(s) and any additional initiatives assigned.
* Establish a “Trusted Advisor” relationship with Client counterparts as a Corporate Real Estate SME.
* Drive adherence to established RES process and demonstrate agility and creativity to meet dynamic business needs.
* Escalate risks throughout the organization appropriately.
* Manage the approval process for all assigned projects.
* Effectively lead the Project Delivery Team by clearly communicating expectations, accountabilities and providing performance feedback for continuous improvement.
* Provide regular Executive-Level dashboard or presentation reporting on project performance across the assigned portfolio.
* Actively manage the project pipeline for the assigned business portfolio ensuring timely initiations and achievement of milestones.
* Identify strategic opportunities to eliminate excess space from the portfolio footprint.
* Lead the Capital Forecast process for the segment portfolio(s) and identify opportunities and risks to ensure precision within defined targets.
* Mentor, develop and train peer and direct report team members.
* Establish clear expectations for and provide constructive feedback to direct reports.
* Develop and implement innovative improvements that increase operational efficiency or decrease costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
* Master’s Degree in Real Estate Development, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Science, and/or Finance, preferred
* 10 years of relevant experience
* Commercial (Corporate) Real Estate, Transaction Management, or Project Management experience, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated client relationship management skills
* Strong analytical skills including root cause analysis and solution development
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Microsoft Project
* Ability to work well in a demanding environment
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers.
* A “best company to work for’ in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
* World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
* America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
* #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture.
For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm’s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm’s information technology are expected to follow the firm’s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL’s commitment to equal opportunity.