The Director of National Initiatives collaborates with Directors and Regional Managers to manage national vendor relationships related to property operations (janitorial, elevator, arc flash, water treatment, parking, security, real estate taxes, product recall, etc.). This position will act as Piedmont’s representative with vendors beginning with the RFP process through ongoing performance management, while training and rolling out the initiatives to the Property Managers. He/she understands multiple perspectives of the company business and operational issues and their impact.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Real Estate designation preferred and/or Property Management building operations experience
- Experience in financial analysis and benchmarking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, but especially an advanced level at Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated and innovative, with the ability to enlist others and lead change. Strong creative and change-oriented continuous improvement skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong capability of project management and problem solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills. Concise/precise messaging and executive level presentation material design skills are critical.
- Highly developed relationship skills. Ability to work across organizational boundaries, across various levels of the organization.
- Practical experience managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously, strong internal consulting, account management, and defining engagement scope
- Ability to negotiate commitments, gather requirements, define deliverables, design integrated solutions, and oversee implementations required
- Must be able to physically visit properties throughout the Piedmont portfolio
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time throughout the United States
- Oversee portfolio-wide programs, by developing and implementing national initiatives including but not limited to: janitorial, elevator, arc flash, water treatment, parking, security, real estate taxes, product recall, etc. utilizing industry and/or functional knowledge to enhance insights and recommendations.
- Define scope of services and identify requirements to conduct competitive bidding via the request for proposals (RFP) process, evaluate vendors, and negotiate pricing and contract terms.
- Work collaboratively with Property Management leadership and teams to implement and execute national initiatives by providing high level oversight and leadership. Provide support, coaching, and training to Property Management personnel on vendor performance monitoring, benchmarking, and analysis.
- Ability to create and lead effective task forces of strategically chosen property management personnel to analyze potential areas of improvement.
- Work closely with executive leadership and management teams in the evaluation, reporting, planning and communication of strategic activities including implementation, monitoring execution, strategy refinement and performance oversight.
- Benchmark and monitor current and future national initiatives to ensure contract compliance, and vendor performance by performing robust interviews, document assessments, and walkthroughs of processes (both new and existing) and identify gaps, areas for improvement, and solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure transparent communication across the property management and asset management departments to improve the company’s ability to act on information and plan opportunities. Monitor Property Management’s efforts towards accomplishment of portfolio-wide strategic goals.
- Ensure consistency of property management deliverables across multiple markets to ensure portfolio-wide financial goals.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values excellence.
EOE M/F D/V