Choice Hotels entered the $100 billion vacation rental industry in February 2016 and we are seeking an exceptional entrepreneurial minded individual to play a key role using data analytics to support decision making and strategic initiatives on this start-up like team. This is a ground-up opportunity offering the selected individual the opportunity to build the necessary development tools to foster on-strategy deals, improve market knowledge and internal operations while helping drive incremental unit and revenue growth in the fastest growing hospitality sector 6 years running.
What you will do…
- This individual must be energetic, highly motivated and a self-starter. The day to day tasks will vary and priorities will change quickly. Here are a few of the top responsibilities of this role:
- Working on cross-functional teams to identify and analyze key strategic initiatives to facilitate new opportunities toward corporate objectives.
- Drive the analysis, prioritization, and implementation of cross-functional strategic initiatives with other product owners and business owners. Lead the vacation rental brand’s operational review processes through the creation and management of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of business operations against stated goals.
- Conduct competitive analysis’ to support growth opportunities in target markets.
- Conduct geospatial analysis to support large portfolio acquisitions.
- Support monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Actively grow the abilities and skill of the department members through formal training programs, mentorship and hands-on learning (manuals/tools/videos).
- Support senior members of the Vacation Rentals Operations team & work with Choice’s Information Technology (IT) group to implement enhancements to the Vacation Rentals Central Reservation System (CRS) and define new functionality supporting full integration of Vacation Rentals to Choice core systems.
- Support the development of the Choice Vacation Rentals technology platform and analyze opportunities to expand and integrate with 3rd party systems
Who you will be….
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency and understanding in one or more functions related to the position.
- Preferably have experience in Vacation Rentals operations, business analysis and the ability to apply that knowledge to enhance the growth of the Vacation Rentals initiative.
- Have knowledge of the hospitality/travel industry and experience working with Smith Travel Research Data.
- Preferably have strong knowledge of Databases - Business Objects, Peoplesoft, CRM/Salesforce, Agile Scrum, etc. and a general awareness of Choice brands’ relative strengths/weaknesses compared to competitor brands. Experience with relational databases, SQL and big data are a strong plus.
- Strong technical proficiency with proven experience in performance analytics. Previous working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ArcGIS, Web Analytics and Tableau is strongly preferred.
- Strategic: Ability to evaluate and identify opportunities from a strategic perspective (big picture). Requires an ability to communicate effectively and serve as a liaison between the Sales team and various corporate functions.
- Strong project management skills and track record with ability to multi-task, self-directed, and interact effectively with stakeholders of various disciplines and levels. Demonstrated ability to build organization alignment and influence organizational changes. Ability to leverage data and create a foundation of data supported decision making.
- Problem-Solving: Excellent problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills, and experience in analytical modeling that lead to identifying opportunities and building business cases for success
- Multitasking: Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Characteristics: Quickly adapt to short deadlines, high quality analysis, detail oriented, effective communication skills, trust and confidence, creative, collaborative, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Performance: Must be a nimble and independent thinker and be able to deal in ambiguity. Must have the ability to help deliver insights using creativity and pragmatism with a focus on entrepreneurial execution
- Values: Must be able to uphold Choice’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality – and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success. Who are we looking for?
Maybe it’s you.