Job Summary & Responsibilities
Goldman Sachs & Co, located in Irving, TX (Dallas), –seeks a Vice President in the U.S. Real Estate group within the Realty Management Division (RMD).
The ideal candidate has experience in both value add and core-plus investing strategies in commercial product with knowledge of west coast markets, specifically southern California and surrounding sub-markets.
The primary responsibility for this position is sourcing, underwriting and closing appropriate commercial investment opportunities as well as overseeing the asset management of the assets once acquired.
Once investments are closed, the candidate will be responsible for asset managing the investments, which includes leasing strategy, business plan preparation and presentation, developing monthly cash flow projections, monthly and / or quarterly reporting, management and oversight of third party service providers, capital plan oversight, business plan execution, and developing disposition strategy of the assets.
Other related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain relationships with brokers, operating partners, real estate developers, and other industry contacts.
Formulate and execute real estate investing strategies to maximize value through knowledge of real estate markets and value-add strategies.
- Assist in the development and presentation of real estate and other investment summaries with recommendations to investing partners and senior management for approval.
- Work closely with operating partners and third parties to collect and evaluate asset and portfolio level financial information.
- Lead disposition efforts of real estate assets including contract negotiation, transaction management and closing.
- Conduct in depth market and portfolio analyses; understand industry trends and real estate market cycles.
- Strong academic background - 4 year finance, real estate, accounting or math background preferred
- Minimum eight years of real estate experience with acquisitions, and asset management preferred
- Extensive experience in analyzing real estate investment opportunities and business modeling
- High-performing, driven professional with proven track record
- Solid analytical / logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong written / verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) and able to successfully manage internal / external relationships
- Must know MS Office Excel and Argus to an advanced level
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team setting
- Able to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.