Red Dot Storage is looking for a motivated commercial real estate professional to join our Louisville, CO team as an Acquisition Associate.
Who We Are:
Red Dot Storage is a high growth, technology focused self-storage industry leader. Our commitment is to deliver safe, simple, storage solutions and unparalleled customer service.
The Acquisition Associate is a key member of the Company’s Acquisition Team and will oversee a team of underwriters and market research analysts to manage all aspects of the acquisition pricing, market research, and due diligence processes for new self-storage acquisition opportunities. The Associate will report directly to the Director of Acquisitions and will be responsible for crafting an informed “business plan” for each potential acquisition by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, assessing investment merits/risks, and conducting financial due diligence.
This position is ideal for a commercial real estate focused professional who is driven, passionate, detail oriented, a power user in Microsoft Excel and interested in taking the next step in their career.
- Manage and oversee a team of acquisition underwriters and market research analysts
- Quality control the output of the underwriting team and provide training & guidance as needed
- Build ground-up models and improve existing models as new deal structures evolve
- Underwrite new self-storage acquisition opportunities utilizing candidate’s mastery of Excel
- Apply independent judgment to prioritize the time sensitivity of individual deals in relation to other deals in the queue/additional responsibilities
- Direct Market Research Analyst team to:
- Effectively assess viability of new markets/feasibility of new deals within said markets
- Determine market rates and appropriately adjust proforma rates for target facility
- Utilize external/internal resources to accurately predict future property taxes, capital expenditures and closing costs
- Derive informed, concise, and cogent recommendations on how to best move forward on deals based on price and deal structure given Company criteria
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role, preferably in the commercial real estate industry or complimentary industry (self-storage experience a plus but not required)
- Power user in MS Excel with the ability to develop ground-up models
- Experience managing one or more direct reports
- Excellent time management, organization skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and listening skills
- Ability to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
- Self-initiator and keen ability to independently anticipate future project demands
- Courteous, collaborative, diplomatic, confidentiality and professionalism are compulsory
- Generous benefits (health and time off)
- Competitive pay + bonus potential
- Career growth opportunities
- An amazing company culture and exciting environment (dogs in the office, snacks and beverages, talented people to work alongside, company events and celebrations, and casual attire)
We’re excited to hear from you!