The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction of multiple assigned multi-family communities, including managing self-perform projects or managing 3rd party general contractors and providing leadership to project teams in order to satisfy the construction goals with regard to schedule completion, quality, cost control, and profitability.
- Coordinate project planning, assist in the development of budgets, and review and select consultants, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Project administration, cost control, develop and maintain working relationships with all vendors.
- Liaison between Construction, Development, QA, and Residential Services Departments.
- Recommend and develop new systems in order to create efficiency and productivity.
- Addresses all warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Ensures safety compliance on assigned projects and evaluates contractors/subcontractors work to monitor compliance with Company safety programs.
- Prepare and maintain the RFI, Change Order, Submittal, and Buy-Out logs.
- Implement and maintain project schedules and quality plan in accordance with established quality guidelines.
- Examine all construction documents for appropriate construction details and completeness of information, potential design deficiencies, code violations, and constructability.
- Create and maintain Construction Status Report (CSR) on a monthly basis which provides a cost summary, schedule overview, and forecast where the property will be at completion.
- Assure applications for payment are being reviewed, approved, processed, and paid.
- Coordinate and direct estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, and construction functions as they relate to the project.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings such as Staff meetings, OAC, Subcontractor, safety meetings, and meetings with office personnel assigned to the project.
- Verify agreements and purchase orders are executed and that all insurance requirements have been satisfied and are in compliance with Company policies prior to subcontractor mobilizing on the project.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction science, or a related field required
- 7-10 years related experience in the construction industry with a minimum of 5 years management experience multi-family
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, estimating, and scheduling practices
- Demonstrates consistently positive interpersonal interactions with internal and external partners
- Exceptional judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and manage expectations accordingly
Cover letter and resume required.