SUMMARY: Responsible for formulating and administering the company’s global real estate sales structure and policies within the functional area of sales and sales operations.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage, motivate and lead individuals, as determined within the functional areas of whole ownership real estate sales, sales operations, shared ownership real estate sales and resale brokerage.
- Work with Managing Directors to develop an overall on boarding process and associated tools to bring property sales personnel on board.
- Work with Managing Directors and Project Directors to develop a high-level mentoring/coaching/training program for new property sales teams.
- Provide active and open leadership, mentoring and coaching for Sales Administration staff at the corporate and project levels, and for sales team at the project level, where needed.
- Support the Managing Directors and Project Directors in setting up project training for new Timbers projects.
- Recruit and build a funnel of project sales prospects to enable quick start up of new projects.
- Provide active input on product design, development and rollout timing for new Timbers properties.
- Participate in problem solving as it relates to daily sales challenges the Managing Directors, Project Directors and project sales teams encounter.
- Provide support, as needed in ongoing training, yield management, product allocation and management by project.
- Assist in strategic planning and the design of project sales and marketing strategies to ensure the sales message and theme of the project are properly represented, and proper and timely execution of the plan is administered in order to meet or exceed project pro formas.
- Assist in “partnering” marketing and sales team members to ensure target profitability for each Timbers project.
- Coordinate/ensure timely review and approvals of property strategy documents, sales budgets, commission forms and all legal sales documents at the corporate level.
- Assist Project Sales Teams with consistency in sales approach and sales messaging appropriate to the life stage of the property.
- Build and maintain authentic, functioning relationships with all Timbers team members, partners, clients, customers and co-op real estate communities.
- Assist in closing prospective buyers, as needed.
- Consistently visit all Timbers projects to ensure visibility and build trust.
- Engage in special Timbers initiatives, as required (research, program development, etc.)
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in real estate sales or a related field; AND ten (10) years of experience selling and managing real estate sales force; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must hold current Colorado Real Estate License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of managing real estate operations.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures of corporate office and related properties.
- Principles and practices of budgeting and accounting.
- Principles, practices, and regulations of real estate sales.
- Federal, state and local laws governing real estates sales in locations where we conduct sales.
- Federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues.
- Use of specified computer applications involving general office and real estate sales.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Performing budgeting and accounting functions for assigned operations.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.