The Senior Property Manager is responsible for directing property management operations and providing leasing support for a commercial office portfolio, including responsibility for tenant relations, budgeting, establishing operational policies, overseeing engineering and building technical systems, and supporting investor/owner relationships and communication activities. Manages property management and may manage engineering staff. Position requires ability to: manage all aspects inherent with property management for multiple assets of varying types, accounting systems, locations, and size; maintain client relationships with numerous owners; manage property transitions; and manage other projects as required.
Service Partner Relations
- Manage service contracts with vendors. Keep on-going contracts up to date.
- Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services to ensure quality and competitive pricing.
- Oversee work of service partners. Conduct frequent service inspections of buildings.
- Develop relationships with service partners. Spend time in the field meeting vendors and building relationships.
- Deliver and/or oversee customer service training to service partner employees.
- Oversee tenant and capital improvement projects. Work closely with the Chief Engineer and engineering staff.
- Act as Unico’s ambassador to building tenants on complex issues.
- Maintain open line of communication with building tenants.
- Preserve tenant relations when transitioning properties to another owner.
- Conduct annual tenant surveys and implement necessary changes generated from survey results.
Accounting & Reporting
- Generate budgets for property revenue, expenses and capital.
- Oversight of operating expense estimate and reconciliations
- Manage operating and capital expenses for property portfolio.
- Oversee monthly management report preparation, including cash flow, and final report review. Approve invoices and purchase orders.
- Provide leadership and team support for the building staff. Supervise PM staff, and may supervise engineering staff.
- Prepare and deliver annual performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Provide oversight and manage day to day office activities.
- Ensure all available spaces are ready for leasing tours.
- Negotiates lease renewals as directed by General Manager. Drafts renewal lease proposals for review by General Manager.
- Manages interaction with portfolio architects and legal counsel to produce space plans, construction documents and lease documents.
- Responsible for tracking leasing encumbrances and providing required tenant notifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field.
- Washington State broker’s license, or ability to obtain license within 90 days.
- 7+ years’ experience in commercial property management, leasing and construction.
- RPA or CPM designation strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of commercial real estate accounting.
- Ability to plan, manage, and carry out a variety of projects to meet overall property goals.
- Ability to write, summarize, and present data in a clear and concise management reports.
- Ability to provide supervision and direction to administrative and operations staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, and is detail oriented.
- Work requires ability to operate various computer software programs, including Microsoft applications Word and Excel, and property accounting software.
- Strong customer service orientation.