Piedmont Office Realty Trust, a national equity REIT with 19 million square feet of office buildings, is seeking a Director of Asset Management. The position is based at the company's corporate office in Johns Creek, Georgia. The primary role is to drive investment performance for a 2 million square foot office portfolio located in the Southeast, mostly Atlanta and Orlando.
- Bachelor’s degree required (finance or real estate focus preferred)
- 7-10 years of commercial real estate experience; 5 years focused on asset management
- Ability to develop and deepen key business relationships
- Good negotiation, verbal and writing skills
- Experience in financial analysis (NPV, IRR, lease comparison, ROI, DCF modeling, payback, financial statement analysis, etc.)
- Proficient in ARGUS and Excel
The Director will have oversight of 8-12 Class A office buildings. In this area, the Director will be responsible for:
- Negotiating property-level contracts, including leases, licenses and, where applicable, third-party management and exclusive leasing listing agreements.
- Inspecting properties and direct competition on a regular basis; monitoring local market conditions, anticipating trends and repositioning property accordingly.
- Preparing Investment Committee recommendations on large lease transactions.
- Updating Senior Management on leasing efforts for all properties, including both new leasing activity for vacant space as well as renewal activity on existing tenants.
- Reviewing and approving property budgets, including both projected leasing and building capital plans.
- Updating ARGUS models used for ongoing cash flow projections of portfolio.
- Supporting the Capital Markets process by opining on the target property, the respective market, and the related acquisition underwriting. Assist in the disposition process as well.
- Selecting and directing the transition of the property-level team (property manager, leasing agent, attorneys, and other third party professionals) after acquisition.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values excellence.
EOE M/F D/V