OV – Real Estate Department
Financial Analyst - RE / Job Description
The Financial Analyst – RE will play a key role on the real estate team, working across the entire platform in the management, reporting and forecasting performance of individual assets and on a portfolio level, as well as assisting in the underwriting, market analysis, due diligence, and integration of new property acquisitions into the portfolio.
- Support asset managers in tracking investment performance of assets, generating quarterly and ad-hoc investment reporting;
- Compile, analyze, and present portfolio-wide metrics relating to both financial performance and other metrics (lease expirations, debt maturities, major tenant exposures, etc.);
- Monitor performance of assets relative to budget, underwriting, and historical performance;
- Conduct market analysis to track local economic conditions for properties within the portfolio;
- Assist asset managers with lease negotiation and analysis;
- Assist asset managers in lender reporting, banking, insurance and loan covenant compliance;
- Complete periodic Argus reforecast of properties and work with Asset Managers to develop more robust reporting platform;
- Collaborate with asset managers to develop and maintain annual property budget / business plans, and property database.
Acquisitions / Capital Markets:
- Assist in underwriting new investment opportunities using Excel and Argus valuation models, modeling investment and partnership level returns;
- Perform financial due diligence and market research to validate underwriting assumptions;
- Review lease, tenant correspondence, property reports, loan documents , and other legal documents;
- Assist in preparation of investment memos, presentations, loan requests, and maintaining investment pipeline.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, and Economics preferred.
Experience: 1-5 years of experience in related field or combination of experience and education.
Core Skills / Competencies:
- Prior experience in or understanding of real estate finance and cash flow modeling;
- Proficiency in Word and Excel, ARGUS is a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast paced environment.