New York Capital Markets
The responsibilities of the Financial Analyst will be to provide financial analysis, analytical decision support services and technical expertise for the growing New York Capital Markets Group specializing in investment sales and debt and equity procurement. The analyst will assist clients in optimizing their real estate strategies by developing comprehensive financial models, conducting research, and performing analysis of properties for proposals, pitches and offering memorandums. The analyst will design and build sophisticated financial models for properties with existing cash flow in addition to redevelopment opportunities, as well as, market and submarket trends. The analyst will present financial models to senior group leaders and clients. Expertise in Argus and Excel is required.
Location: New York, NY
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Prepare financial modeling and underwriting for investment sale assignments, pitches and proposals using different financial concepts such as IRR, DCF, Cash on Cash, etc.
- Developing new or auditing existing Argus models
- Creating financial models with Excel
- Present and discuss financial models to brokers and clients
- Assist with the due diligence required for the underwriting and marketing of the assignments (i.e. review and abstract leases, P&L statements, appraisals, property condition reports, etc.)
- Conduct analysis and develop analytic strategies for lease/purchase decisions.
- Assist in developing content and writing presentation packages and offering memoranda
- Coordinate with debt/equity team members to underwrite based on debt placement scenarios.
- Participate in pitch presentations with prospect and client meetings and lead discussions on financial modeling.
- Research sale and lease comparable data, submarket statistics and peer property inventory using our internal resources.
- Keep current with market trends and industry knowledge.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- Extensive experience with developing financial models, cash flows, IRR, DCF, Cash on Cash analysis, etc for cash flowing assets and development opportunities.
- Advanced proficiency with PC applications such as Argus, Microsoft Excel, and Word with strong financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work in a complex team environment across multiple departments, under minimum supervision and manage tight deadlines.
- Action oriented and has ability to handle multiple deadlines, stressful situations, and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Dependable, flexible, ability to balance challenges and able to deal with strong personalities.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Financing/Accounting or business/real estate degree.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of extensive financial analyses knowledge – prior experience in the commercial real estate or investment banking industry.
- Familiarity with NYC zoning code, DHCR filings, NYC real estate tax projections and tax abatements (421-a, ICIP, 80/20, j-51, etc) is a plus.