JOB SUMMARY: The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for providing analytical and administrative support for a variety of asset management functions across the company’s real estate debt and equity investment portfolio. The Asset Management Analyst will work closely with the Asset Management team and interact with other corporate teams including Property Management, Investor Relations, and Accounting. The preferred location for this position is in Harbor Group’s office in New York City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by Harbor Group Management Company.
- Provide monthly financial and variance analysis for the mezzanine loan, preferred equity, and debt securities portfolio as well as general loan serving support.
- Provide monthly financial and variance analysis for the multifamily and commercial properties portfolio as well as general transactional and administrative support.
- Provide ad hoc asset level and portfolio level financial analysis, cash flow forecasting, and market research.
- Prepare and circulate monthly asset management reports.
- Support quarterly investor reporting activities and assist with Q&A with the investor relations group.
- Support the annual budgeting process and budgets for new acquisitions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in real estate and/or finance.
- Previous real estate financial analysis and modeling experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of real estate accounting and financial statement analysis, preferred.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- An investment mindset with a thorough understanding of financial calculations such as NPV, DCF, and IRR.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word requited; proficiency with Argus and MRI a plus.
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- A team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to balance competing priorities. Able to work with time sensitive, detail-oriented material and meet multiple deadlines.
- The ability to travel frequently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Required: Valid driver’s license
To learn more about our company please visit our website