This position is located at the company’s corporate office in Atlanta. The person provides administrative support to ensure the day-to-day success of the Head of Construction Management and regional Construction Managers.
- Must be proficient in using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, electronic mail, calendar, web browser, and contact management applications.
- At least 5 years’ experience preferred in delivering Executive level support in real estate or construction, and providing construction administration support.
- Must excel in supporting Executive level written and phone communications, including all confidential communications.
- Must be proficient in business procedures including use and operation of office equipment, filing, and retrieval systems for business documents.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of employees and vendors using poise, tact and diplomacy in sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic, a high energy level, and be proactive and detail oriented. The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks is required.
- Must display strong Executive support, problem solving and analytical skills to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to administrative problems and prioritize work.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred with emphasis on business, real estate, construction, and/or computer related courses. Alternatively, equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
- No routine travel is required.
- This is a largely sedentary role requiring sitting most of the time, but may involve walking and standing for brief periods of time.
1) Support the Construction Department/Executive Support (70% of time)
- Maintain electronic and hard copies of project files and logs.
- Review contracts for compliance, including pay requests and closeout documents, and follow-up with vendors to obtain necessary documents.
- Track and monitor projects and record updates.
- Process construction drawings and files.
- Prepare contracts, contract amendments, and written project correspondence.
- Route invoices for approvals and payments using accounts payable system.
- Arrange travel and submit expense reports for team members.
- Assure adherence to corporate information management policies.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel and conferences.
- Prepare record keeping including invoice payment, check requests, expense reports and corporate credit card expense documents.
- Prepare documents for execution and distribution after execution.
2) Provide general administrative support to the Real Estate Operations Departments, including Asset Management, Lease Administration, and Property Management (25% of time)
3) Support other departments as needed, including National Business Development and Accounting (5% of time)
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: PDM) is an owner, manager, developer, and operator of high-quality, Class A office properties located in select sub-markets of major U.S. cities. Its geographically-diversified, over $5 billion portfolio is comprised of more than 19 million square feet. The Company is a fully-integrated, self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) with local management offices in each of its major markets and is investment-grade rated by Standard & Poor’s (BBB) and Moody’s (Baa2).
Piedmont offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values excellence.
EOE M/F D/V