Come be a part of Urban Renaissance Group - a full service commercial real estate firm!
URG is a Seattle-based full-service commercial real estate company, engaged in acquisitions, development, asset management, leasing, property management and ownership in Seattle, Bellevue, Denver and Portland.
URG's majority investor is the Joshua Green Corporation, creating a deep thread of commitment to the greater PNW that runs through every area of the company. Because development and asset investment tend to present their best opportunities in different parts of the economic cycle, this new combination of companies provides URG with a dynamic and balanced portfolio of opportunities and an ability to optimize real-estate investment across all parts of the building lifecycle.
URG is experiencing steady growth in all facets of our platform, including the acquisition of Touchstone, a Seattle-based development company, in December of 2014 and the acquisition of the operating platform of Langley Investment Properties, a Portland-based real estate company. Our operating platform now totals over 10 million square feet, supported by over 160 employees.
We are looking for motivated, customer-oriented individuals to add value to our team, provide support to our expanding platform, and join us in leading the way for the renaissance of Urban America.
The Property Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of an assigned portfolio of properties, including tenant relations, asset integrity, financial performance, capital projects, and administration of lease documents.
- Develop and maintain an effective ongoing tenant relations plan, implement initiatives, and maintain an operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of tenant service as measured by formal and informal feedback and surveys.
- Oversee tenant move-in and move-out process and ensure forms and services required by a lease are initiated.
- Coordinate operational communication and implementation of client’s goals and objectives; communicating with engineers, vendors and tenants.
- Manage vendor relationships effectively to ensure service expectations and contract obligations are met and costs are within budget and/or opportunities for expense savings are achieved.
- Review and manage service contracts for building services (janitorial, window washing, parking, landscaping, HVAC, elevator etc.). Assist General Manager when required in the negotiations of such contracts.
- Coordinate the fire/life safety program, assuring fire drills, training for staff, tenants & floor wardens is completed.
- Coordinate the completion of budgeted / non-budgeted projects.
- Assist in bidding, contracting, implementing, and completing capital improvements.
- Ensure thorough formal property inspections are completed per Property Inspection Program. Ensure items noted during inspection are addressed or budgeted for future years if funds are not available in current year.
- Ensure vacant spaces are in show ready condition to assist in the marketing efforts.
- Ensure appropriate certificates of insurance are on file and that client and company requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the security of employees and tenants by clearly understanding the Company and / or owners established emergency response procedures. Participating in training as required and “on call” responsibilities.
- Track new leases and existing leases and promptly notify the necessary departments of any changes before they occur, ensuring changes are appropriately documented.
- Maintain current rent rolls and stacking plans for assigned portfolio.
- Prepare financial reports, including executive summary, variance comments, and reforecasting.
- Prepare annual operating budgets, including income, expenses, escalations and capital.
- Review and approve annual reconciliation of operating and real estate tax expenses, annual estimated operating and real estate tax expenses, annual calculation of CPI increases, expense gross-ups, and tenant expense pools.
- Develop and present complete, clear and concise analysis and recommendations for unbudgeted projects to property team. Implement all budgeted and unbudgeted projects on time and within approved budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of the 5 year capital plan.
- Make recommendations to improve net operating income by increasing revenues and / or decreasing operating expenses.
- Review and approve monthly rental updates (recurring charges).
- Provide accrual/reclass information to accounting team each month as part of financial reporting process.
- Effectively manage A/R process and follow up with delinquent tenants promptly.
- Assure invoices are coded properly prior to being input by accounting in the A/P process.
- Assure tenants are invoiced for all work above and beyond the requirements of the lease document
Communicate with General Contractor to gain an understanding of what sub-contractors are working on the project
Understand the warranties and sequences of operations are in place for the property
Work with sub-contractor to ensure a preventative maintenance schedule is in place when buidling opens
Execute contracts with ongoing service vendors
Understand what the minimum requirements are for running the equipment if the buiding is unoccupied; if possible, negotiate longer warranties due to occupancy
Develop tracking tool to ensure commissioning, warranties and contracts are received from contractor/vendor
Coordinate the setup of a new management office or touch down office
Collaborate with Accounting and Owner to ensure all accounting processes are in place
Seek out opportunities to bring in additional revenue for ownership
- Understand Company's policy manual and mission statement, participating as a staff member to support all of the efforts to achieve organizational goals
Skill and Abilities:
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Effective business writing skills
Proven history in the completion of annual operating budgets, monthly reports and re-forecasts
Ability to communicate with clients, assist in the training of operations staff to assure that all aspects of the performance of the property is maximizing the potential and is achieving their goals and objectives
Customer service oriented
- 3+ years full time experience managing commercial properties including experience with significant operational issues such as operational emergencies or building renovation
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- MRI experience preferred
- Associates Degree in Business Management preferred
- Demonstrates professionalism in every aspect of work performance including positive, enthusiastic attitude