| || |
Starwood Capital Group is a private investment firm with a primary focus on global real estate. Since its inception in 1991, the Firm has raised more than $40 billion of equity capital and currently has over $51 billion of assets under management. Over the past 26 years, Starwood Capital has acquired over $86.5 billion of assets across virtually every major real estate asset class.
The Capital Markets Team is Starwood Capital’s in-house debt team that sources financing for investments being acquired by Starwood’s private equity vehicles. The Capital Markets team acts as a borrower, sourcing financing from various foreign and domestic balance sheet lenders, CMBS lenders, mezzanine lenders and other debt investors. The team works in close partnership with the Acquisitions and Asset Management teams to obtain best-in-class financing that maximizes returns for various asset level and corporate investments.
• Apply knowledge of the financial markets and real estate lending to source, negotiate and close optimal financing
• Structure financing packages, and build capital stacks in order to attract inexpensive financing across all asset types (multifamily, office, retail, hotel, industrial, land etc.)
• Interact with Acquisitions & Asset Management colleagues to understand an asset’s business plan, strategize financing objectives and fulfill lender diligence requests
• Leverage banking and financing relationships with existing and new lending institutions and call upon them regularly
• Review loan documents to provide consistent documentation, maximum flexibility and maximum protection
• Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with the firm’s Senior Management and Acquisitions / Asset Management professionals
• 1–4 years of experience in real estate finance, investment banking, private equity or other highly competitive fields
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills with a preference for candidates with prior experiencing building financial models
• A demonstrated passion for real estate investing and a strong interest in capital markets
• Team player, collaborative, strong relationship building and communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task on complicated financings and projects
• Strong sense of urgency
• Detail oriented and thorough