Titan Development is one of the Southwest’s largest and most active, vertically integrated real estate developers, providing all necessary services to transform raw land into income producing assets. Our success comes from our experience and expertise within five diverse asset classes: multi-family, industrial, senior living, self-storage, and opportunistic. To date, the principals of Titan have been involved in over 10 million square feet of buildings valued at $2.1 billion. Titan has developments in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Florida and an extensive pipeline in all asset types. Titan’s nearly 20 years of development success has been accomplished by partnering with best-in-class operators and developing diverse asset classes across multiple geographies with strong local relationships.
Industrial Development Manager
- Executive Director of Development
- Responsible for all aspects of development management within the industrial asset class to include due diligence, underwriting, entitlement work, design and construction oversight
- Manage overall project schedule including design, legal, financing, permitting, construction and licensing. Track and report on all project phases to ensure project is completed within established schedule.
- Collect and negotiate all consultant fees prior to land purchase contract. Coordinate and prepare all consultant contracts prior to commencement of schematic design.
- Manage overall design process and consultants including coordination of site diligence, architectural layout, management review/approval, meeting coordination and reporting.
- Collaborate on early site diligence and building layouts. Coordinate with municipalities on zoning, permitting and plan review.
- Represent Titan with local industrial brokerage community. Maintain a current record of market activity in terms of leases, tenant inquiries, current and planned competing projects.
- Once a construction contract has been executed – establish and manage budget tracker. During construction - track all expenditures relative to the development budget to ensure projects are completed within budget. Collaborate with construction manager on RFI’s, Cost Issues and pay applications.
- Manage expenditure of development contingency to a percentage equal to or less than percentage of work completed.
- Schedule Reporting - real-time reporting of project status, schedule, open items list and action plan:
- Overall project schedule including design, legal, financing, construction
- 90 day look ahead design schedule (updated monthly)
- Critical Path Milestones – design, entitlement, diligence (updated monthly)
- Task list/ hurdles (Hot Items List) – design, entitlement, diligence (Updated bi-weekly)
- Development Budget tracker (updated monthly)
- Prior to a signed land purchase contract - confirm all diligence items from checklist have been identified including entitlements, zoning, municipal agreements, utility fees, permit fees and all other related development costs.
- Prior to an investment committee – establish overall development budget. Include as much cost & fee information as possible in order to reduce future budget risk to project.
- Notify management within 24 hours about development budget issues that are: Greater than $100K in budget impact or a month or more of schedule increase.
- In monthly meetings, notify management of development budget issues that are: Greater than $25K in budget impact or 2 weeks or more of schedule increase.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communicator – people person
- Great time manager and very organized
- Persistent/methodical/process oriented
- Nimble & able to adjust on the fly
- Industrial real estate experience
- Understanding of real estate finance
- Advanced budgeting & excel skills
- Construction knowledge and experience