CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Lewis Management Corp. is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to fill a vacancy due to the retirement of a 25+ year tenured Vice President.
As our CFO, you will serve as a credible, knowledgeable and trusted resource to the family owners, CEO and other senior leaders within a complex real estate ownership structure. Your position requires a hands-on, quality-focused financial executive mindset with experience that combines sound financial leadership with proven business effectiveness.
About our Company: The Lewis Group of Companies continues today as one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate development companies. The Lewis Groupfocuses on developing mixed-use planned communities and residential subdivisions in California and Nevada, as well as building and owning rental communities, shopping centers, and office and industrial parks. Strict adherence to a philosophy of quality, integrity and stability has resulted in the development of more than 57,000 homes, 8,968 apartments and 14 million square feet of retail, office, and industrial space.
In your role as CFO, you will be responsible for the financial management of the organization to include budget analysis and management, forecasting needs, accounting and treasury operations, as well as Family Office accounting.
Your duties and essential functions:
- Manages process for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting of the company.
- Oversees all financial transactions, including accounting and reporting.
- Directly supervises the Vice President/Controller and will lead the Family Office, Risk Management and Information Systems (IS) staff.
- Develops and promotes a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the organization; provides timely and meaningful analyses and reporting to operational leaders.
- Responsible for financial internal controls and coordination of all financial audits.
- Develops and monitors policies and procedures within general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and corporate guidelines.
- Ensures adequate cash flow to meet organizational needs.
- Serves as one of the trustees to oversee administration and financial reporting of theorganization’s 401(k) retirement plan.
- Maintains external relationships with banks, auditors and third-party vendors.
- Responsible for reporting to joint venture partners.
- Reviews all formal accounting and IS related procedures, processes, and administration,including recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward.
- Provides guidance on attracting and developing key team members.
- Reviews and recommends timing and implementation of significant technology investments.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned
To be successful, your knowledge, skills and abilities must include:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, accounting and financial reporting skills.
- Ability to execute complex financial models and forecasts.
- Keen ability to think and act strategically; planning for the long-term while balancing the short and long-range needs of the organization.
- Demonstrates high standards regarding the quality and thoroughness of business andtechnical analysis.
- Able to build alignment for initiatives and programs.
- Hands-on and proactive management style.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, to interactknowledgeably with and influence both internal and external parties.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to convey highly technical information understandably to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven strength as a motivational team-builder; a developer of staff, coach and mentor.
- Superior project management ability and drive-for-results mentality.
- Ability to work effectively with all lines of business internally and interface with partners, executive management and vendors.
Your education and experience:
- 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in PublicAccounting, with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the private/public sector
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with a multiple entity (over 100) organization
- Real Estate background and experience
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA)
- Experience in complex multi-generational estate planning a plus
Other skills & abilities to help you be successful:
- Strong working knowledge of JD Edwards, Excel and TM1 are preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to join a nationally-awarded and recognized, growing company with a strong history, a broad future, and excellent corporate culture. Join the Lewis Group of Companies and you will be an important part of a winning team with a long history of successful real estate development and property management.
In addition to a competitive annual salary and annual bonus, Lewis offers a variety of strong medical and dental benefits plans, a 401k savings plan with immediate vesting and company match, paid holidays, unlimited accrual of personal time, educational reimbursement, career training, advancement opportunities and much more!
Lewis Group of Companies
Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer