HPI Real Estate and Investments is a full service real estate company serving Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and the surrounding Central Texas areas. The Building Technician - Office is an essential role at HPI. This role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all building equipment and timely response to service requests.
Priority functions / Accountabilities
- Acknowledge and respond to Service Requests by diagnosing and performing minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Strive to complete all service requests on a daily basis and accurately documented, including parts, in work order system.
- Ensure the performance of equipment with preventive maintenance as prescribed by manufacturer's recommendations and specifications.
- Responsible for all housekeeping functions and maintaining the professional appearances of equipment and maintenance spaces.
- Review building operations, preventive maintenance, training, energy management and equipment status on a frequent basis.
- Responsible for maintaining the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Other duties may include but not limited to moving furniture, fixtures and office partitions repairing locks, doors, hinges, furniture and other miscellaneous items. The repair and painting of all types of surfaces, indoors and out.
- The monthly inspection of fire extinguishers and/or other life/safe inspections. Various building maintenance duties as assigned by the property management.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, toilets, urinals and piping.
- Maintenance and repair of trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Maintenance and repair of kitchen equipment.
- Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance as assigned. Maintain accurate records within preventative maintenance system.
- Maintain all equipment as required per preventive maintenance programs. Including life safety and security systems - equipment maintenance applicable in engineers' scope will be included.
- Keep updated and adhere to Company policies, standard operating procedures, Work Order and Preventative Maintenance System, Uniform Policies, Safety Handbook, etc.
- Use only vendors with approved insurance requirements and initiate work with appropriate HPI contract.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Prior experience working with building plans, technical procedures and procedure manuals
- When “on call,” employee must carry phone and be prepared to work and service requests, including emergencies while on call, will be on call rotation with one or more others, required to learn and cover other properties accordingly.
- Participate in industry organizations to maintain and improve technical skills. Education includes attendance of internal safety and development training.
The above position summary is simply a guideline designed to present an overview of job duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of responsibilities and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- At least 3 years of experience in office building maintenance required, preferred 5 years or more
Minimum GED/HS Diploma required; or comparable work experience
Valid DL, functioning vehicle meeting state of TX requirements, and proof of insurance
EPA 608 Certification required within six months
Basic MS Office Outlook skills required
Prior experience working with commercial property management work order systems
Available for “on call” rotation with other team members
Be able and willing to carry 50 lbs, climb ladders, crawl in confined spaces and work in outdoor climate on a year round basis
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Limited travel is required in this position