Lowe Enterprises has a great opportunity for an experienced Construction Manager for a mixed-use development in Los Angeles! Vigorously participate in all facets of the construction and development process, assisting senior management with regular project management, coordination with various consultants and contractors and reporting. This mixed-use development will include commercial office, retail, multi-family residential and hotel development. Responsibilities will include regular coordination with the general contractor, various consultants, approval entities, utilities, and reporting to both internal and external parties.
- Provide construction management of the Multi-Family Residential & Commercial Office components of the development.
- Perform project management oversight and coordination necessary to facilitate implementation of the Project in conformance with the established objectives and commitments.
- Prepare and update the schedule for all development team activities associated with property purchase, financing, pre-development, design, permitting and construction.
- Assist in the selection of General Contractor(s) through preparation and management of the RFQ/RFP process, bid evaluations, scope review, and contracting negotiations.
- Manage General Contractor’s performance of the work in accordance with established schedule requirements for all pre-construction, construction, and commissioning activities.
- Manage the permitting process to procure site, building, and other related construction permits in accordance with project schedule.
- Assist in the coordination of the design with the development team with all aspects of the improvements.
- Manage budgets, requisitions, value engineering items, disbursements, change orders, requests for additional services and other monetary and financial matters.
- Assist with the management of all record keeping, reporting, project tracking, and economic performance through project completion.
- Coordinate construction commissioning and transition to property operations team.
- Ensure proper documentation and delivery of project close out requirements including warranties, operations and maintenance manuals, as build drawings, final sign off of punch lists, and final releases of liens.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure general contractor’s compliance with local OSHA and safety requirements.
- Support development team with transactional activities and delivering documentation as required by purchase, ownership, lender, lease, or other similar agreements.
- Track and maintain logs for project deliverables related to transaction agreements, design team, consultants, and contractors.
- Participate in site visits to potential development/acquisition assets.
- Prepare preliminary estimates, schedules and/or preliminary analysis to support future site development/acquisition recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12 years experience working in construction management involving estimating, scheduling, on-site management, and contracting with an emphasis on large podium mixed-use developments, involving wood frame construction, retail, and commercial projects.
- Accreditation as a LEED AP, or experience with LEED certified projects is desirable.
- Excellent Computer skills with estimating and scheduling experience.
- Ability to manage high-quality relationships with current and prospective clients and partners, vendors and consultants, and other members of the business community in accordance with Lowe’s mission statement and core values.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills appropriate both for project settings and for interaction with senior staff.
- Ability and willingness to think and act strategically with focus on Lowe profitability.
- Project management, design, and construction management experience and skills involving development projects of significant size, complexity, and of institutional quality.
- Superior knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Project.
- Ability to analyze documents, and manage construction budgets and cash flow related to development projects.
- Public works or public/private venture experience, including off-site and traffic improvements is desirable.