Client Services Representative
August 12, 2017
, Texas 77001
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $830B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of March 31, 2017) Job Purpose (Job Summary): Under general supervision, responsible for working with internal customers, financial intermediaries and shareholders, on the phone and in writing, to fully meet and exceed their needs. Utilizes computer system to access account information, reference materials and the letter writing function. Monitors the quality and timeliness of service delivery to customers in order to guarantee customer satisfaction. This can include handling, opening, sorting, and identifying customer correspondence, processing requests for account research from internal clients, and processing investment checks. Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Applies standard procedural solutions and utilizes internal resources to address client needs and ensure timeliness and accuracy of work.
- Evaluates problems and situations to determine their importance and urgency. Conducts research and processes adjustments when necessary independently or in concert with other departments to the mutual satisfaction of the client and Invesco Aim. Then responds to the appropriate client after the issue has been resolved.
- Fully documents and forwards complaint items for permanent filing.
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of service delivery to customers in order to guarantee customer satisfaction by accepting full accountability for an item until resolved.
- Performs a detailed evaluation of inquiries and rejected transactions, takes appropriate action for each item and monitors the quality and timeliness of resolution so that it meets our standards. Works with other departments when necessary to resolve items.
- Places outbound calls as needed to obtain information and provide solutions to the client, appropriately documents the phone call.
- Records comments on items with regards to research, newly obtained information or phone calls.
- Responds in a professional, timely and empathetic manner to both telephone and written inquiries from internal and external clients.
- Stays current with all products, fund changes, fraud warnings, and all other policy and procedure changes that could affect one’s ability to produce quality work.
- Utilizes computer applications to access account information and reference materials. Enters financial and non-financial transactions and verifies completeness and accuracy of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is also necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hour may very depending upon the project or assignment.
- Hours may include evenings, weekends or overtime.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Financial services experience a plus.
- Work experience in customer service environment preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information sometimes under stressful conditions.
- Strong reasoning skills and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to cooperate in a team environment.
- Proficiency with keyboarding and computer fundamentals in a Windows environment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary.
License / Registration / Certification
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Competency Requirements – Invesco Core:
- FINRA Series 6 required within first 180 days of employment; employment contingent upon licensing.
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment. #LI-WB1
- We are passionate about our clients’ success
- Working together we achieve more
- We believe in the continuous pursuit of performance excellence
- We earn trust by acting with integrity
- People are the foundation of our success