Ram seeks a highly motivated individual to join its growing team and assist in the development and marketing of institutional real estate products. This position will also assist in maintaining Ram’s strong relationships with existing investors as well as help to develop a marketing strategy focused on building new institutional relationships within the real estate community.
The Opportunity: Our Investor Relations Associate (IRA) will gain broad exposure to all aspects of real estate private equity marketing and will have direct exposure to some of the world’s largest, most sophisticated real estate investors. Our IRA will be an integral part of the capital raising team and provide critical assistance in identifying and securing commitments from institutional investors for our various real estate investment strategies.
Participate in general client service activities including:
- Researching and responding to individual investor requests and inquiries, ensuring timely and accurate inquiries.
- Editing and reviewing RFPs, gathering information and responding to investor’s DDQ’s, track record analysis requests, fund reporting requests
- Assisting in annual LP event planning
- Preparing and, over time, conducting client portfolio reviews
- Assisting in managing placement agent relationships and individual distributors.
- Supporting the legal team in development and maintenance of legal documents including private placement memorandum, shareholders agreement and investments management agreement. Work closely with legal team and investors through the fun closing process.
Assist in the creation and updating of marketing materials including:
- Developing marketing and due diligence materials such as teasers, fact sheets, pitch books and DDQ’s for private debt and equity products.
- Preparing Client / product presentations
- Writing team-related materials and newsletters
- Gathering performance data from Fund Accounting, analyze it and benchmark it to various investor indices. Communicate findings to Senior Management
- Reviewing quarterly data packs for accuracy and formatting
- Supporting market research and provide updates in presentations and quarterly investment reports.
Support fund raising activities:
- Maintain and track contacts within the investor relations database Salesforce) all documents, emails and meeting notes.
- Originate and manage relationships with current and prospective investors
- Track and distribute offering materials.
- Help organize and attend road shows across client channels
- Generate leads through calling and networking at real estate conferences and events.
- Help prepare customized presentations.
- Work closely with senior IR professionals to ensure meeting follow-ups are completed.
- Assist with special projects, take on ad-hoc projects and support other teammates, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, an MBA preferred.
- 2 - 7 years of related experience within real estate or financial services, preferably Investment Client Service / Investor Relations with an established network of institutional contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and articulate investment and financial information to investors in a cohesive and thoughtful manner.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, effective at managing priorities and meeting given deadlines.
- Proven track record of persistence and relationship building
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently, within a team environment paying close attention to the quality of deliverables.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent writing, communication an interpersonal skills with focus on building collaborative relationships.
- Hardworking, articulate, well-organized individual that can work independently
- Strong working command of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Experience with financial modeling, reporting and Argus a plus.
- Ties or demonstrated interest to Southeast