Position Director, Roofing Department
Location Buffalo, New York
Reporting Relationship Reports to Executive Director, Property Management and Company President.
Our client is one of America’s largest privately held real estate companies. The firm owns and manages over 700 properties encompassing over 40 million square feet in 38 states. The diverse portfolio includes retail, office, industrial, hotel, residential, and land holdings. Their headquarters are in Buffalo, NY and a corporate office in Sarasota, FL.
Oversee purchasing, project management and production relative to the roofing department
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with Construction department, architectural team in the design of buildings as related to roofing designs and techniques of installation.
2. Communicate with manufacturers and suppliers of roofing materials. Provide specifications, obtain bids, negotiate and award contracts.
3. Communicate with roofing companies/contractors involved in installation of roofs. Negotiate and award contracts, and insure that appropriate materials are used and proper installation is performed for both new build and repairs. Understand costs, materials, installation techniques, etc.
4. Coordinate repairs, scheduling, inspections and maintenance of all roofing systems and involve roofing personnel and outside contractors.
5. Respond to tenant complaints and or calls. Determine work to be completed at locations.
6. Supervise in house roofing department staff. Insure work is assigned and completed properly and timely. Assign roofing crews and contractors to buildings where work can be performed. Insure proper completion of assignment.
7. As called upon, Inspect roofs of buildings for signs of required maintenance or problems.
8. When necessary, perform roofing work such as debris removal, general cleaning of roofs, gutter repair.
9. Provide information and expertise for any litigation (or potential litigation) involving roof systems
10. Create systems to track maintenance, warranties, and projects related to roofing systems. Insure that these systems are being utilized appropriately.
11. Provide specifications and assistance to construction and property management for new or re roof projects.
• Thorough knowledge of roofing systems, application and repair.
• 7 to 10 years’ experience and knowledge of roofing systems and materials and installation and costs for commercial, retail, industrial and warehouse use.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and operate equipment necessary to perform cleaning/maintenance duties.
• Ability to climb ladders to heights up to twenty five feet. Normal dexterity required in office environment including hand-eye coordination, walking, sitting, standing, alertness (attention to detail) and answering of phones.
• Computer input.
• Much sitting and driving for extended periods of time to get to locations, and walking to perform inspection of locations