Transwestern is an innovative commercial real estate company - regularly voted as a Best Place to Work in many U.S. markets - that is looking for a Senior Property Manager in the Greater Seattle area. The Senior Property Manager is responsible for providing direct management oversight for a commercial real estate portfolio. The successful candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of property operations including tenant services, maintenance, financial/reporting, capital projects/construction, and security/compliance.
It is also the responsibility of the Senior Property Manager not only to exhibit legendary customer service when communicating with owners and vendors but also to focus on productivity and results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Professionally represent TW and the client while adhering to the terms and conditions of the management agreement.
- Accurately, on a timely basis, communicate the owner's needs and requirements to the assigned TW staff.
- Initiate and execute day-to-day operational procedures.
- Safety, risk management, efficiency, and TW and the client quality standards.
- Financial, personnel, and administrative duties/functions.
- Management agreement administration, analysis, review, and feedback to owners and TW.
- Contact and interaction with engineering, security, parking and housekeeping/janitorial.
- Maintain programs for property interior and exterior, as well as mechanical systems.
- Maintain programs to prepare and/or maintain vacancies to ensure that all vacancies are maintained at the highest level of quality as directed by the Owner.
- Build-outs, renovations, tenant move-ins, and move-outs.
- Screen, hire, supervise, mentor and train staff as required, which may include: assistant property manager, chief building engineer (and engineering staff), property secretary, porters and day maids, etc.
- Ensure that all locally required licensing, including RE licenses, elevator permits, business licenses, etc. are current and renewed in a timely manner.
- Conduct weekly manager meetings with admin., engineers to discuss ongoing activities, highlights of TW, concerns and issues within the building – create team approach to management- and buy in to philosophies.
- Conduct monthly meetings with accounting manager and project accountant to discuss ongoing activities, financial or reporting concerns and issues with the building or building owner.
- Maintain a current assessment of property management procedures through the initiation, administration, and reporting of management's analysis.
- Initiate and distribute accurate and timely reports to owners on financial, marketing, and maintenance information.
- Prepare monthly the client Property Performance Report (PPR) report including all required backup documentation, including the Capital Accrual Calculation Worksheet (CACW) as directed by the client’s accounting team.
- Maintain compliance with all TW and the client’s personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Asset Services policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop/administer property business plan with capital and operating budgets: manage the property within parameters of the property management agreement, budgets and the business plan.
- Communicate clearly and on an accurate and timely basis with project accounting personnel using and providing the appropriate documentation.
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day financial transactions including: accounts receivable, accounts payable (taking advantage of all available discounts) collection of all rents, miscellaneous income, and charges.
- Accurate and up-to-date maintenance of required financial records and files.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- At least five (5) years (continuous in one operation) and up to 10 years of recent 3rd party fee based property management experience, comparable with the property under consideration in terms of commercial/retail, ownership, tenant lease arrangements, square footage, etc.
- CPM, RPA, or CSM designation highly preferred
- Possess real estate license required
- Must have MRI/Yardi accounting experience and Kardin budget software
- Strong knowledge of finance and building operations
- Proven experience in management, evaluation, development, and motivation of subordinates
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors
- Previous experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies, phone calls please.