Commercial Real Estate Financial Analyst and Loan Underwriter
Monticello Asset Management, LLC (“Monticello”), located in New York City, is seeking to hire a candidate with Commercial Real Estate Financial Analysis and Loan Underwriting experience.
Monticello provides its clients a means to achieve a real estate allocation through alternative investments that we believe to be more secure and more liquid than investing in single real estate assets.
The successful candidate will work independently within our team environment but will collaborate with all staff and maintain direct daily interface with all levels of management including the Company’s CEO, COO and CFO on investment opportunities and special projects.
The primary job responsibilities and qualifications include:
- Commercial loan underwriting for multi-family, senior housing, and related health care asset classes,
- Develop financial models for the evaluation of bridge loan opportunities, prescreening of potential transactions, and review of personal financial statements. Modeling metrics include loan sizing, loan structuring, calculating projected income, DSCR, global cash flow, and loan to value ratios,
- Manage and oversee the due diligence process for loan transactions including ordering and evaluating appraisals, market studies, project capital need assessments, environment studies, corporate and personal financial statements, third party credit reports for the project and its Principals, insurance policies and endorsements and any other document(s) needed as part of the underwriting process,
- Conduct background checking and KYC review (Know Your Customer) on all parties to the transaction including but not limited to the Sponsor, Operator, Management, Builders, Guarantors, etc.,
- Assist in the preparation of term sheets and letters of intent to prospective borrowers,
- Analyze and review loan applications and loan documents,
- Assist with drafting of investment memoranda and presentations to various investment committees for approval. These include investors, Monticello’s credit committee, and banking syndicate partners,
- Interface and resolve open issues with clients, outside attorneys, and other professionals involved in a particular transaction to obtain required documentation as part of the loan underwriting, review and closing process,
- Create and manage Excel based cash flow models for multi-family housing and health care projects,
- Calculate and interpret investment returns (i.e.- IRR, NPV, ROI, ROE),
- Experience with operating and capital expense budgets to ensure that all operational information is captured in the financial model and reporting packages,
- Review and analyze historical and projected financial data and operational assumptions for feasibility and stress test scenarios. Heavy pro-forma analysis and budgetary financial review,
- Create financial and marketing presentations for general marketing purposes and distribute private placement offering materials to prospective financial investors and/or loan participants,
- Bachelor’s Degree,
- Strong finance, credit, legal real estate and/or business background,
- Established organizational skills and ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects,
- A minimum of 4 years’ related work experience as a Real Estate Financial Analyst or Loan Underwriter,
- Familiarity with financing multi-family housing, senior housing, and/or health care assets preferred,
- HUD “MAP” and/or “Lean” underwriter approval helpful,
- Extensive computer skills including, Excel, Word and PowerPoint,
- Strong oral and written communication skills, advanced financial analytical proficiency, and solid interpersonal skills,
- A desire to learn and grow within the Real Estate Finance industry complimented by an inquisitive and proactive persona.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a complete benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status and any other legally protected class in accordance to applicable federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, DMV records check and background investigation.