We're currently looking for an experienced and well-rounded Head of Finance and Accounting to take a leading role in administering our funds. The Company, formed in 2009 and currently managed by two partners, is seeking to build out a back-office platform to support its growth. This position would spearhead that team buildout.
- Gain a holistic understanding and mastery of matters relating to fund deployment, capital allocation, and financial analysis.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable for fund entities, as well as improve and streamline current processes
- Maintain fund level financial models to incorporate into investor reporting and perform financial analysis on fund- and investment-level returns.
- Ensure compliance with reporting obligations to financial partners in accordance with annual audit and tax procedures
- Reconcile company expenses with bank transactions monthly
- Administer capital calls, prepare draft versions of limited partner K-1s and support auditors during annual fund audits.
- Able to exhibit a cooperative attitude in working with our outside partners, both in the form of Limited Partners and Project Sponsors.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to manage investor questions about deployment, financials and fund flows.
- Comfortable working in a small organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent
- Active CPA license
- 3+ years in accounting and/or bookkeeping in house
- Excel capabilities where comfortable writing and auditing INDEX(MATCH() and INDIRECT() formulas
- Ability to observe policies of confidentiality
- Experience in real estate and/or construction industries
- Active CFA license
- MBA from a reputable school
- A deep understanding of early-stage financing
- Experience in private equity or fund management
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our Southern Connecticut HQ. Health, vision, and dental insurance benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.