The commercial Associate Property Manager is responsible for supporting Property Managers by observing and learning the company’s real estate properties and providing administrative support under supervision of the Manager of Property & Lease Administration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Opens mail; codes and files down into corresponding Tenant files; forwards mail to corresponding departments.
- Files database change forms and ensures all property files are prepared and maintained in orderly manner, including leases and contracts.
- Prepares direct billings and database change forms.
- Prepares monthly tax and rent delinquency reports; follow-up on all delinquencies.
- Prepares budgets and CAM reconciliations, as directed by Property Manager, and inputs into database.
- Codes and submits property invoices.
- Reviews the monthly Certificates of Insurance report summary and communicates unfulfilled obligations to Tenants.
- Prepares letters and default notices as instructed by Property Manager.
- Tracks sales reports and enters sales figures into database; prepares percentage rent calculations.
- Forwards tax bills/assessments to Ryan Tax Service or Tenant.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge and understanding of lease terms, operating costs, account reconciliations, budgeting, and related.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of software application programs and databases, such as MRI
- Basic understanding of the reconciliation process for CAM, insurance, and real estate taxes.
- Demonstrates initiative and sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and as a productive member of a team.
- Attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- A High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years in commercial real estate property management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical/Work Environment: This job is situated in a corporate indoor office environment where the employee sits or stands as needed to perform job responsibilities. Ability to travel on occasion for business by car, plane (air), or train may be required. Good vision, hearing, and keyboarding ability to operate office software applications and office hardware such as laptop, laptop docking station, monitor, telephone, copier, printer, scanner. May require walking, reaching, stooping, lifting light file materials, documents, or light office equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.