Project Manager / Asset Manager
The Project Manager / Asset Manager will coordinate the daily activities involved with the asset management of existing commercial operations and the entitlement, design and promotion of a prominent infill multifamily/mixed-use development site in Hollywood, and a re-development project in Orange County. This position will operate from the company’s West LA office as well as on-site when needed, reporting directly to the company senior principal and founder. The position will interact with tenants, vendors, consultants, public agency staff, community representatives, and other project stakeholders as necessary.
The successful candidate will be involved in the project from the early stages through construction, touching every aspect of its development. This is not an acquisitions/transactional position, but does allow for growth within the company and special projects as appropriate to an individual’s unique skill set.
Familiarity with customary terms and operations of commercial asset management, as well as the process of Los Angeles development are essential.
Development Project Management Responsibilities:
• Assist in coordination and management of consultant activity during the entitlement and design development stage of projects
• Closely work with consultants to review all plans to ensure that they have been optimized for compliance, cost, schedule and are internally consistent
• Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contracts/change orders, closeout documentation
• Assist in the preparation of proforma models for project financial analysis
• Prepare and track development budget related to assigned projects
• Implement and report on project status on a regular basis
• Prepare presentations for and attend project related public meetings and hearings
Asset Management Responsibilities:
• Assist in the operations of portfolio commercial retail and office properties
• Respond to tenant requests, maintain effective ongoing tenant relationships, oversee leasing activities and implement initiatives to promote efficient operations
• Assist with preparation of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reports
• Responsible for maintaining project timelines - defining tasks, priorities and work schedules - to ensure milestones are met on time and within budget
• Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with consultants, contractors, and other third parties as necessary
• Responsible, in conjunction with internal and external legal counsels and team members, for coordinating contracts and agreements, certificate of insurance compliance for tenants & vendors, preparation, processing and maintenance of contractor invoices and maintenance of office files and documentation
• Collect and maintain relevant market data
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications - Education and Professional Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Design/Architecture, Construction or related major
• Two - Five years' experience in real estate development and investment with demonstrated knowledge of multifamily development, commercial asset management, contract preparation, and project management
• Extensive experience in assisting with preparation of detailed contracts strongly desired
• Direct experience in entitlements strongly desired
• Must have good computer aptitude and strong skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint).
• Excellent verbal and written skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and by telephone, email and other written correspondence
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining a professional attitude
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines and generate detail oriented workproduct
• Self-starter and team player with ability to identify problems and develop creative solutions in a flexible environment with limited supervision.
• Strong work ethic and the desire to learn