Start Date: Immediate
Job Location: Washington, D.C.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio and manages in excess of $7.8 billion of assets in fixed income, equities and real estate assets on behalf of a variety of institutional investors. The real estate group within Boyd Watterson manages over $2.0 billion of gross real estate assets nationally out of its Chicago, Cleveland and Washington D.C. offices. The firm invests in and serves as the asset manager of a variety of real property types, including office, retail, multifamily, industrial, hotel and other properties, throughout the U.S. It currently has two separate funds and is launching a third fund, all focused on acquiring and managing properties leased to federal and state government agencies.
Boyd Watterson is seeking a Real Estate Asset Manager to oversee a portfolio of properties which are a part of the firm’s commingled fund comprised of office properties leased to the General Services Administration and other federal and state agencies. The Asset Manager will be helping to launch a new Washington D.C. office along with the real estate group’s Chief Strategy Officer. They will report to a Regional Vice President in the Chicago office and will be a critical member of the portfolio management team with a variety of responsibilities. Responsibilities for this position could include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategic plan and monitor their portfolio to achieve projected returns
- Review and approve budgets driven by acquisition underwriting and historical asset performance
- Prepare quarterly asset management reports and strategic plans for clients and consultants
- Facilitate, review and comment on third-party appraisals and brokers’ opinions of value
- Conduct periodic site visits to portfolio assets and make recommendations based on those visits
- Work with leasing brokers to attract, qualify and maintain tenants and achieve favorable lease terms
- Oversee project managers for construction projects and tenant build-outs at portfolio properties
- Work closely with the investment team, property managers and tenants to develop strong relationships
- Conduct market research and tenant-specific research and report back to the investment committee
- Identify disposition candidates and oversee the sales process for selected properties
- Perform special ad hoc projects and analyses
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate from a respected university. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of real estate and asset management experience.
- Experience working with the GSA or state and federal tenant agencies strongly preferred
- Must have experience with Argus and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner
- A successful candidate must be a self-starter willing to independently balance many tasks at a given time
- Significant travel within the United States required (~20% of the time)
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.