TCR is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to process existing development pursuits and assist with underwriting new target opportunities. This position will report to the Managing Director in TCR’s Boston Office located in Wellesley, MA. The position is focused on the ground-up development of market-rate multifamily rental projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with numerous roles from underwriting potential new developments to processing existing opportunities. A vehicle will be required for site visits and to attend meetings around the greater Boston area. The ideal applicant will have 5-7 years of experience processing development in the Boston area; experience with the zoning and permitting processes, working with architects and general contractors is desired.
- Participate in development meetings; report on specifications, contract negotiations, and coordination of construction.
- Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other team members.
- Oversee the construction draw process and develop monthly project reports.
- Ensure strict plan compliance and communicate critical issues to the Managing Director.
- Contribute design information for developing property, ensuring that building design codes are compliant with local, state and federal laws.
- Conduct framing and general construction site visits.
- Attend OAC meetings and prepare required reports for ownership.
- Conduct market analysis, financial feasibility research and preliminary due diligence.
- Create pro forma for new developments including market information, operating expense data, and estimated hard and soft costs.
Experience & Requirements:
- 5-7 years development experience in the Boston MSA with experience in market-rate multifamily rental product.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree or Real Estate Certificate or Coursework desirable.
- Experience with Boston permitting/zoning/entitlement process highly desirable.
- Experience with coordinating consultants during design/development process is a must.
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience tracking budget versus proforma, change orders, construction reports, etc is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills & presentation skills are required.
- Site selection and submarket understanding is desirable.
- Underwriting and market analysis experience is desirable.
Please submit cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter, please identify specific experience that qualifies your for this position.