Currently searching for a Senior Asset Manager to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. The Senior Asset Manager is responsible for creating and overseeing customized asset management strategies for assigned investment properties in multiple metro markets including Orange County, Los Angeles County, San Diego and Washington DC. The right candidate will:
- Maximize total return for each assigned asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Work closely with in-house property managers and leasing brokers to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis, and approvals.
- Act as liaison between leasing brokers, property management and building ownership.
- Work with leasing brokers in assigned markets to maximize rental rates, velocity, and net absorption for the assets.
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts between property management and leasing.
- Work together with analysis team on asset level analysis, including implementation and quarterly updates of Argus models, valuation models, and annual business plans.
- Provide asset management leadership which helps to justify strategy course corrections and changes during the asset hold period up to and including post-divestiture.
- Manage cash flow, distribution analysis and investment projections.
- Prepare and distribute periodic asset management reports to ownership.
- Provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions.
- Manage coordination of post-acquisition activities and integration of asset into the firm’s ownership portfolio.
- Assist the Investment Manager in quarterly evaluation of actual returns compared to underwriting projections.
- Work with the Investment Manager to oversee dispositions of assets in the portfolio.
- Oversee and mentor personnel in each assigned market.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Review current Asset Management policies and procedures to ensure that best practices are being employed and documented.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics, real estate finance or related disciplines.
- A minimum of five years of experience as an asset manager with a commercial real estate organization.
- Must have excellent modeling skills and demonstrated experience working in both Microsoft Excel and Argus.
- Understanding of joint venture structures, financial models, calculation and modeling of multi-tier waterfall and promote structures.
- Knowledge of best practices for asset strategy and operations executed at other institutional-grade organizations.
- Working knowledge of real estate office transactions including broker and other third-party agreements.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects and assignments.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to deal effectively with multiple priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Quick ability to exercise discretion and discernment of investors needs and requirements.
Commensurate with experience, demonstrated accomplishment, and business potential.
Comprehensive employee benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
- Asset Management: 5 years