The General Manager has direct responsibility for managing the business operations of a portfolio of properties in one city in an efficient manner, consistent with Piedmont policies and procedures This position requires supervising a team of property managers (with 3-6 direct reports, including Property Administrators and/or Tenant Service Coordinators), overseeing training, maintaining standardized procedures, and approving budgets. He/she works closely with Asset Managers and Accounting personnel in the development of budgets and is intimately involved in the oversight and operations of their portfolio of properties. Additionally, the General Manager has an active role in Customer Relations, acting as a point of contact for local tenants and their regional decision makers.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- RPA, CPM, or CCIM preferred.
- Real Estate license required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial real estate preferred.
- Must be able to inspect office buildings, engineering plants, outside landscaping and roofs.
- Requires air travel to other parts of the United States occasionally.
- Requires local travel within assigned city and surrounding urban area 10% of the time.
- Manages properties and business functions within assigned city/portfolio. This includes providing back-up as needed to direct reports, approving property budgets, and reviewing reforecasts, variances, and reconciliations. Also requires monitoring and providing support for leasing activities, vendor contracts, construction, and capital projects.
- Manages personnel in assigned city by training on procedures, developing goals, providing leadership, and monitoring performance by auditing and reviewing work. Ensures the accuracy of financials (budgets, recoveries, reporting). Provides open communication and accountability, while fostering a team building environment.
- Assist in acquisitions, dispositions, and asset management by representing the assigned city in the transfer of interdepartmental information as it concerns the due diligence, takeover, and delivery process.
- Visit local properties to develop and maintain strong tenant relations and complete property inspections. Foster relationships with local tenant representatives, as well as their regional Real Estate decision makers.
- Implement and maintain standardized operating procedures and National initiatives. Provide ad hoc reporting, review and analyze data. Identify process improvements and deficiencies in reporting, while overseeing the operations of the buildings.
- Actively participate in industry-related organizations such as BOMA, NAIOP or IREM, and maintain connections with local business leaders, tax consultants, service providers, and brokers
- Complete other administrative tasks and reporting as required, such as approval of invoices, expense reports, timesheets, and check requests within budgetary signing authority, and ad hoc reporting as related to assigned city area
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values excellence.
EOE M/F D/V