Clarion Partners is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas and has managed real estate investments on behalf of institutional investors for more than 35 years. Our investment philosophy focuses on fundamental research within a broad operating platform of 9 offices strategically located across the United States and Latin America. Clarion’s investment capabilities span the spectrum from core to opportunistic investments in both the equity and debt sectors.
The Acquisitions Analyst will work in collaboration with the Washington, D.C. based acquisitions investment team to analyze potential property investments and to execute the overall investment program for Clarion Partners' real estate investment advisory business. The candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team that includes the disciplines of finance, research, acquisitions, asset management and marketing.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assembling and modifying discounted cash flow projection models with respect to an investment, utilizing both Excel and Argus.
• Assist with all due diligence relating to new investments including but not limited to the review of third party environmental and engineering reports, title, survey, historical financial statements, leases, and market research.
• Assembling and drafting investment memos to be presented to Clarion Partners and client investment committees.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Occasional light travel will be required.
• Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling; high competency in preparing cash flows.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
• Argus skills strongly preferred.
• Undergrad degree with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
• Minimum of one year experience as an investment analyst in a major real estate firm, preferably in investment sales brokerage, acquisitions or asset management.
• Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes. Candidate must also possess strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.