Introduction / About the Company
Redbrick LMD is a diversified real estate investment management and development firm. It specializes in opportunistic and value-added residential and mixed-use projects with a focus on the Washington D.C. metro market and selectively invests in other markets. Redbrick LMD’s leadership team has significant experience in the acquisition and repositioning of existing projects, the entitlement and ground-up development of new projects, and the financial and legal structuring of transactions to maximize returns while mitigating risks for investors. The team, with more than sixty years of collective development experience, has developed, redeveloped and managed over 5,000 multifamily units nationally. In addition, they have developed a substantial portfolio of mixed use assets. Since 2000, the principals have closed on more than $2 billion in real estate transactions. Redbrick LMD has a current development pipeline of approximately four million square feet.
Development Associate Job Description
Under the direction and mentorship of the Senior Vice President, the Development Associate is an integral member of the Redbrick LMD team responsible for supporting all aspects of the development process including: zoning, feasibility, financing, design/development, approvals, construction, sales and/or lease-up. The Development Director must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, balancing competing priorities and multiple project assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting the Senior Vice President of Development on project management and overall project execution on assigned projects, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Support the development process including feasibility, acquisition, entitlement, predevelopment, permitting, construction, delivery and lease-up.
- Collaborate with acquisition, construction, and finance team members on purchase and sale contracts, construction contracts, construction/permanent debt, project equity, tax increment financing, public/private partnerships, business improvement districts and joint venture agreements.
- Develop, analyze and update project proformas, budgets, schedules and action plans throughout project life-cycle.
- Create master development schedules in MS Project.
- Assist with project design development including programming and competitive positioning, architecture, engineering, interior design and landscape design.
- Review plans and track completion of documents.
- Assist and document project performance review, including budget, schedule, and project business plan compliance.
- Assist and document project positioning review for all asset types, including market analysis, product review, and latest industry trends.
- Perform market research, analysis, site tours of comparable properties in different Metropolitan DC submarkets.
- Provide project update reports to Redbrick LMD directors, executives, partners, lenders and investors.
- Assist with meetings, presentations and negotiations with appropriate local government officials/staff and community groups.
- Coordinate and review project related legal documents associated with zoning, partnerships, design, construction and project management.
- Assist and support marketing and branding plans with marketing and management team members.
- Assist with retail design, leasing and tenant improvement coordination during predevelopment, construction through tenant delivery.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of one to three years of real estate related work experience.
- Previous real estate development, project management and/or construction experience required.
- Experience with projects in Washington, DC preferred.
- Team player with strong leadership skills, problem solving skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize to achieve desired project/team goals and deadlines.
- Strong business aptitude.
- Detail-oriented with the capability to execute tasks at a high level of accuracy.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience.