Turner Impact Capital is an institutional social impact investment management firm with one mission: to create innovative and durable solutions to today’s most pressing challenges by investing in community-enriching infrastructure in underserved markets across the country. Specifically, the company pursues investment strategies targeting the areas of education, workforce housing, and healthcare.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Investment Associate or Senior Analyst for its workforce housing investment activities. The candidate will join a closely-knit team to actively assist in the origination, underwriting, financing, and management of multifamily assets throughout the country. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the origination of new investment opportunities;
- Analyzing and screening potential acquisition opportunities of individual assets and portfolios;
- Building financial models that reflect complex capitalization and cash flow structures, running sensitivity and scenario analyses, and completing other ad hoc financial analyses;
- Performing all aspects of due diligence, including market research, community needs and resource assessments, lease audits, budget reviews, business planning, and coordinating with third party consultants, lenders, and counsel in support of transaction closing;
- Preparing internal investment memoranda and actively participating in internal review and approval processes;
- Managing property operations and capital projects to the underwritten business plan and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, including property managers, contractors, consultants, community partners, and in-house accounting/finance team;
- Preparing and updating periodic investment and portfolio-level reports; and,
- Measuring and managing targeted financial, social, and environmental metrics for impact.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Passion for community and economic development;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience underwriting and managing multifamily investments, preferably with real estate private equity, REIT, and/or real estate finance background;
- Thorough understanding of multifamily leasing, operations, budgets, capital projects, and financing;
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability;
- Strong oral and written presentation skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and Word; and,
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Additional certifications (e.g., LEED) and familiarity with affordable housing are preferred.