The Caydon Difference
Caydon Property Group is a leading Australian-owned property developer, driven by a passion to deliver places that set new standards in lifestyle offerings. We care about the longevity of our projects and aim to enrich and inspire those who live in and around our communities. With an established 15-year presence in the Australian market, Caydon now has a pipeline of projects across the US.
Could this be you?
Caydon are seeking a highly motivated individual who will work with internal design, development, and executive teams, alongside external consultants to produce design ideas, concepts, and solutions. We’re looking for extraordinary creativity which results in exceptional interiors for Caydon’s various project types. You will be a team player within a fluid and dynamic work environment, with the ability to accept instructions, execute and follow-up tasks to meet deadlines.
To be successful, you must have strong space planning skills with knowledge of document production/coordination. You will have acute attention to detail with excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as thorough verbal, drawing and sketching skills. As Caydon is an Australian-owned company you must have the ability to work flexible hours to coordinate with stakeholders in different time zones.
You will also have experience with projects across all US markets and have worked on international projects preferably using Quantitative Services (QS). You will also have proficient knowledge of BIM, CAD, 3D and desktop publishing/graphic design applications. You will have had exposure to the technical knowledge of building systems/codes, accessibility codes, environmental guidelines, regulatory approvals and having to directly apply each of these. In addition, you will have exceptional knowledge of appropriate use of material and finishes as well as equipment specifications.
You will have a Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited university within your career you will have gained at least 7 to 10 years minimum working on relevant mixed-use and multifamily projects.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to;
- Research and identify emerging trends in interior design (ID) and the ability to scrutinize the appropriateness within a multifamily context;
- Coordinate and manage internal executive review and approval processes including concept and design presentations;
- Receive direction from multiple inputs;
- Interact with international designers;
- Develop and manage relationships with material suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Prepare interim design review packages for community and City reviews, as required;
- Prepare drawings suitable for construction issue including: Dimensioned floor plans, low-voltage, finish, furniture layout, and reflected ceiling plans; interior elevations; sections; construction detailing; signage coordination;
- Coordinate Interior Design work with external design consultants;
- Coordinate, select, track, and finalize interior finish specifications for interior amenity areas, common spaces, unit finish selections;
- Coordinate with internal FFE coordinator including: space planning, furniture, decoration, lighting, artwork, etc.;
- Contract administration including submittal and RFI reviews during construction;
- Coordinate scheduling and installation of FFE during Construction;
- Regular site visits during construction for QA / QC of ID including travel;
- Final punch, sign off, and project close-out for ID Scope;
- Manage all ID budgets.
How to apply
It’s important your application has you stand out from the pack and sells us on what you can bring to the Caydon team.
**Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship. Caydon Property Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.**