Spacious is looking for a self-driven Account Executive to help us grow the physical footprint of our network. You'll be making win-win deals with the leaders in the local hospitality industry, as well as other owners and operators of some of the most highly valued real estate assets in the city.
Your focus will begin with street level retail restaurant and hospitality spaces, and will quickly expand to include other types of spaces and relationships as the network evolves.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity in the restaurant industry, as well as intuitive knowledge of location-based real estate values. You should have native familiarity with why specific streets, blocks, and intersections are more valuable than others, which neighborhoods are up and coming, and what the socio-economic and psychographic profile of each neighborhood is comprised of. You'll take that insight and apply it to how to prioritize which partners to reach out to.
Successful partner outreach is achieved through hospitable and responsive sales efforts. It will be important to study the reasons why a potential partner would be interested in working with Spacious, and how best to craft each partnership to serve their interests. A hospitality background is helpful, as is someone who has been involved in sourcing or representing restaurant tenants in ground floor retail spaces.
In this role you'll have a hand in transforming the way that business plans are crafted for hospitality operators, as well as the underlying income producing property. Familiarity with the hospitality industry, as well as some basic understanding of commercial leasing concepts will contribute to your success.
What you’ll achieve
- Acquire new locations in the greater New York area
- Build and design sophisticated relationships with property owners to create versatility in our location portfolio
- Analyze and evaluate locations based on data-driven insights for neighborhood demographics, real estate value, foot traffic, and proximity to transportation to target the most profitable opportunities
- Work with the product and growth teams to identify and meet demand for location expansion - both in new geographies as well as extending available hours.
What we expect
- You have business development or sales experience in the real estate or hospitality industry with a proven track record of hitting targets.
- You are savvy when it comes to navigating legal agreements and real estate public policy.
- You are a closer. You can present value to a potential partner, gain their trust, and win the deal.
- You’re a networker. You can get a meeting with anyone.
- You’re analytical and will strategically balance deals based on value, not just volume.
- You’re creative and can innovate on deal structures to create new business opportunities.
- You’re a clear communicator and always close the loop (particularly when it comes to written communication), and an even better listener.
- You have a genuine interest in the hospitality industry as a contributor to the solidarity of local neighborhood communities.
- You are up to speed on the future of work, and have a sense of responsibility toward building sustainability in the field of urban real estate.
- You’re continuously searching for ways to improve your own processes.
- You aren’t particularly motivated by ego or status.
- You are a team player and genuinely care about the well being of your team.
- You're willing to roll up your sleeves and execute across job functions.
- You’re scrappy and look for unseen solutions before asking for more resources.
What you can expect:
• A membership to Spacious. We don’t have an office or central headquarters. Instead we work out of our locations, side by side with our customers
• Flexible schedule. Work when and where you want, including from home
• Unlimited vacation
• 80% of health, dental & vision insurance
• One Medical and Teledoc
• Paid parental leave
• Life insurance
• Citi Bike membership
• Wage works commuter benefits
• 50% reimbursement for a personal computer
At Spacious, we don’t just accept differences in background and perspective - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Spacious is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.