The hired candidate will be responsible for the origination and structuring of permanent (long-term) financing and/or recapitalization for commercial properties. Primary focus is originating and structuring mortgage loans. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization's operation. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team. Manages the coordination of the activities of a section or department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Business development and new product initiatives. This will include regular marketing calls regarding new products & processes, joint marketing calls to meet with active borrowers in assigned territory, and attending industry events.
- Deal contact, property inspections, preliminary sizing of deals per Freddie Mac's credit policies, the quoting and deal structuring process, and working cooperatively with the underwriting group to negotiate the terms of the transaction and to otherwise ensure clear communication and a seamless execution.
- Deal management through rate lock and is expected to be involved as necessary as issues arise through the underwriting, commitment, and closing process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Real Estate or related discipline
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Multifamily Real Estate industry
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.