Location: Princeton, NJ
Essential Properties Realty Trust is looking to fill the newly created position of Investment Analyst. Essential Properties is a net-lease real estate platform that will invest primarily in single-tenant, operationally essential real estate assets operating across a wide variety of industries within the service, retail and industrial sectors throughout the United States. The position will work closely with management to source and underwrite new business opportunities and monitor existing investments.
- Quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective real estate investments as well as monitoring current investments.
- Interact with operators and tenants to extract appropriate financial and real estate information to underwrite potential investments.
- Perform credit analysis on prospective tenants and prepare investment summaries and memorandums.
- Develop working knowledge of leases, purchase and sale agreements, and other third party reports for general responsibilities.
- Perform various tasks related to market research (sales comps, lease comps, aerials), internal requests and marketing efforts.
- Prepare presentation materials for lending institutions and equity partners.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, real estate, or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including excel, word, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals.
- Commercial real estate valuation, underwriting and/or accounting experience a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Some travel will be required.