The Analyst will support the overall investment and on-going surveillance process in high yield structured credit securities and private equity investments, working closely with the Portfolio Manager/Director of Risk Management and Vice President-Investments. Specifically, the Analyst will conduct fundamental credit analysis on various property types, especially multifamily and other rental housing asset classes. In general, the Analyst will be charged with developing analytical tools and financial models to evaluate and manage real estate credit, market and interest rate risk.
- Evaluate, under tight time constraints, performing and non-performing securitizations, B-Notes, mezzanine debt and B-Pieces backed by multifamily and other real estate assets.
- Diligence, value and structure private debt and debt/equity-like investments in portfolio acquisitions in partnership with national operators.
- Re-underwrite and conduct detailed analysis, identify and effectively articulate credit strengths and risks pertaining to loan structures, property underwritings, valuations, market information, etc. for underlying real estate collateral.
- Identify, research, structure and model investment opportunities in new and existing credit related markets
- Lead the creation of investment committee approval memos
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative and analytical disciplines, including: Economics, Finance, Math, Engineering, Computer Science
- 1 to 3 years of experience at investment bank, hedge fund or private equity firm a major plus
- Knowledge and experience at the property and asset level relating to operations and value creation strategies also a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, creativity and detail orientation
- Facility with financial modeling
- Competitive salary and performance based bonus, with leadership opportunities in a growing and dynamic firm.