Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and submit budget(s) and MAP reports, ensuring a high quality of analysis, consideration for the goals of the asset and demonstrating a clear understanding of financial operational variances.
- Provide leadership and direction to and effectively manage relationships with other business groups, e.g. leasing, asset management, to ensure a high level of tenant service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Ensure tenant improvements, common area improvements, and other construction related projects are completed on time and within budget by effectively overseeing all construction projects and ensuring compliance with the construction SOP.
- Manage tenant relationships to ensure tenant retention and a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of tenant concerns, coordinating special services and requests and conducting formal and informal inspections.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers by: building positive relationships with customers; taking initiative to identify customer needs and provide service that meets or exceeds customer expectations; communicating effectively in person as well as via telephone and email; resolving difficult situations through the use of effective problem-solving skills.
Required Skills, Experience, & Credentials:
- Active real estate salesperson or broker's license required.
- 5 years of experience managing commercial real estate including multi-tenant projects in excess of 500,000 square feet dealing with building operations, managing service contracts, tenant retention and tenant improvements.
- Working knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles for property management in the use of budget analysis, financial statement analysis and the handling of building accounts as evidenced by 5 years of experience in a related function.
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address and resolve sensitive tenant and vendor issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- C.P.M. or R.P.A. designations preferred.
- LEED AP designation preferred.
- Yardi experience highly desirable.
Shorenstein is one of the country’s oldest and most respected real estate organizations active nationally in the ownership and operation of high-quality office properties. More recently, Shorenstein has made selective investments in multifamily rental properties. Due to its success over many years and multiple real estate cycles, Shorenstein has established its reputation as a creative and knowledgeable investor. The company is privately owned and is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s current portfolio totals 22.2 million square feet in 16 markets, with a gross value of $7.8 billion. Shorenstein provides asset management, leasing, property management and construction services to the properties in its portfolio through its wholly-owned property services affiliate, Shorenstein Realty Services.
Shorenstein is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), status as a protected veteran, disability, genetic information, or any other statuses protected by law.
Shorenstein will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.