We are seeking an experienced development associate/analyst to join our team to work in all areas of multifamily real estate investment and development. This position will report to and provide dedicated support to the Development Partner and Managing Principal. The successful candidate will be actively involved in the analysis and execution of both new and existing business. There will be a strong focus on macro and micro demographic and real estate trends, quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and assistance with and through the development process and lifecycle.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with all phases of development and acquisition asset acquisition and dispositions
- Analyze competitive marketplaces by investigating comparable properties, land and existing asset sales comps, supply/demand factors, economic indicators, demographics, design trends, and construction and planned project activity.
- Leverage a wide range of primary and secondary sources for research and data collection, including phone-based surveys, correspondence with the brokerage community, as well as market reports and various forms of internet research.
- Convey findings using multiple methods, such as written deal memos, spreadsheets of varying complexity, and web-based mapping tools.
- Perform detailed pro forma financial analysis of prospective properties.
- Preparation of internal & external investment memorandum and other presentation materials.
- Perform pre-development due diligence necessary to obtain public entitlements and approvals.
- Document utility availability and fees and processes associated with establishing new service for projects.
- Demonstrate proposed project compliance with applicable city plans and zoning ordinances; Identify strategies and assess feasibility in cases of potential rezoning.
- Coordinate administrative and design consultant teams in the preparation of submittal packages to local jurisdictions.
- Manage diverse project and administrative tasks as assigned by development partners.
- Organize projects team meetings; produce agendas/minutes and tasks lists.
- Maintain physical and electronic project files; update development forms and templates.
- Interface and coordinate with various external consultants and contractors and internal legal, financial and management teams.
- Preparation of financial models and underwriting for development and acquisition of various real estate investments.
- 1 - 3 years of real estate experience; multifamily real estate development experience a plus
- Familiarity with commercial real estate terms and concepts and proficiency in reading construction and architectural plans.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Some travel to existing and prospective asset locations will be required (25%)
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Finance, Real Estate, or other related Business field is a plus