Investor Reports – Quarterly and Annual (Due the end of May, August, November, and April)
- Prepare the quarterly and annual fund financial statements for inclusion in the quarterly reports to investors which are assigned.
- Prepare tax packages and interacting with outside tax accountants. Responsible for reviewing fund tax returns.
- Maintain the control sheet for the mailing of federal and state income tax returns. Along with filing any necessary extensions for tax returns.
- Coordinate the electronic submission of the public fund tax returns with the outside tax preparer and ACS.
- Prepare the upper tier audit work papers.
- Coordinate collection of missing lower tier audits necessary to complete a fund audit package.
- Draft Form 10-K’s and 10-Q’s and submit to Director or/and VP of Finance and Accounting for their reviews.
- Follow up open items received from the auditors in a timely manner.
- Review Edgar versions for all 10-K’s and 10-Q’s.
Lower Tier Reviews
- Review lower-tier tax returns based on the tax return review sheets provided by Financial Analysts and following up if there are any issues seen in the tax returns.
- Review lower-tier audits and follow up any issues seen in the audits.
- Record all journal entries and cash receipt entries for assigned funds.
- Review fund trial balances and tie out to limit schedules, amortization schedules and management fee schedules as deemed necessary.
- Willingness to support the teamwork concept and help others
- Willingness to take ownership of the work and to initiate the work (responsibility)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of SAGE 100 and/or Crystal reports desired.
- Minimum intermediate level of excel skills.
- Detailed oriented with attention to accuracy and organization.
- Able to handle high volume of transactions.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving, priority setting and planning.
- Timely completion of assigned responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- One to two years accounting experience.