Candidates for the Development Accountant position will support the development team in the tasks necessary to acquire, finance, construct, and operate acquisition rehabilitation housing projects.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Work with the project management team preparing construction draw documentation for submittal to lenders for payment and process funding payments.
- Receiving, preparing, and processing invoices
- Setup user accounts and monitor receipt of monthly bank statements, prepare check requests and handle monthly bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate with accounting department and CPA’s on tax returns and audits
- Oversee the creation of new ownership entities, obtain and track tax id numbers, and ensure setup of newly acquired properties in the company accounting system
- Respond to inquiries from accounting firms, partners, lenders, regulatory agencies and other third parties to provide a variety of information and assistance regarding project financials
- Maintain portfolio real estate schedule.
- Collaborates with Project Management, Asset Management and Property Management for the timely preparation and distribution of reports to applicable third parties.
- File financial reports and advise management on needed actions by complying with Federal, State, and local legal requirements
- Track tenant file compliance and coordinate with Property Management and Investor Services to finalize first-year compliance reports
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable regarding effective internal controls.
- Requires a strong work ethic, the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, strong reconciliation and analytical skills, and the ability to articulate accounting concepts to accounting and program staff both verbally and in written form to ensure the highest level of understanding.
- Ability to use computer, business equipment and required software (EXCEL & WORD proficiency required, and prior experience with general ledger programs).
- Ability to communicate effectively including written and oral presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and outside personnel.