Spandrel Development Partners (SDP) is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to process existing development pursuits and assist with new target opportunities. This position will report to one of the firms Principals. The position is focused on the ground-up development of market-rate multifamily and student housing rental projects in markets throughout the southeast. Occasional travel is required. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with numerous roles from underwriting potential new developments to processing existing opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day management of development projects including the oversight of project contractors and consultants.
- Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other team members
- Assist in negotiating and drafting contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining project timeline, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Provide reports related to project status to Principals and stake holders.
- Oversee the construction draw process and develop monthly project reports.
- Responsible for maintaining and executing project contracts in accordance with department and corporate requirements.
- Manage project documents including discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/declarations/determinations, easements, covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contracts/change orders, closeout documentation.
- Tracking and reporting project status to investors, lenders, joint ventures, quasi-public partnerships and the like.
- Attend OAC meetings and prepare required reports for ownership.
· Oversight of design consultants and on-schedule creation of design documents
- Oversight of construction work activities related to projects
- Oversight of contractors, subcontractors and vendors related to day-to-day activities, invoices, hiring and contract negotiations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
Minimum of six years' experience in real estate development and/or construction with demonstrated knowledge of real estate development and construction process including a focus in project management.