Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE) is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Alexandria pioneered this niche in 1994 and has since established a dominant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A assets clustered in urban science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success.
The Property Management - Coordinator provides general office support to the Asset Services Team and participates with the team in all areas of portfolio management.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate tenant notification letters and e-mails as needed, including pre-default email and default letters
- Maintain tenant statement/rent/billback files
- Reconcile tenant accounts, track tenant receivables, and answer accounting questions regarding tenant balances.
- Create and maintain Vendor Contact List for applicable portfolio.
- Create and maintain a Tenant Emergency Contact List.
- Complete tenant lease summary
- With the AM, introduce and set up new tenants with Angus work order program.
- Assist Asset Services Team with Lease Administration and special projects
- Assist in planning all tenant events, parties, gifts
- Assist in annual budget preparation.
- Maintain budget tracking and monthly TRE spreadsheet
- Assist with Asset Services expense reports
- Assist in all aspects of property maintenance
- Participate in bid process when searching for new vendors
- Create Vendor Contract Request Forms, bundle and submit all docs necessary to Pasadena for execution. Follow through with vendor for completion.
- Maintain current and complete certificates of insurance for all tenants and all vendors.
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Match purchase orders to invoices, code and obtain Manager’s approval. Notify contractors/vendors of appropriate remittance address.
- Research invoices in JDE/Insight/NEXUS when necessary
- Audit open purchase orders on a monthly basis
- Prepare utility cost/consumption reports when necessary
- Send Rent Statement and Billbacks to tenants
- Review and edit tenant bill backs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 2-4 years of experience in property management and/or real estate
- Strong accounting background and familiarity with lease provisions and lease administration
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with JDE, Yardi (or other property management account software).
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Valid driver's license