Oakland based owner of urban-infill adaptive-reuse projects looking for an asset management and acquisitions associate to join our team. Ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial self starter with creative problem solving skills capable of working across multiple projects simultaneously.
Role will include lead asset management responsibilities across 1-3 assets as well as assistance in underwriting new acquisitions; financial modeling; investor reporting; property valuation analysis; lease negotiations and special projects. Construction management experience a plus.
• Lead the preparation and ongoing review of annual property operating budgets and business plans.
• Oversee property operations including new and renewal leasing and management of 3rd party resources.
• Oversee construction and major capital expenditure projects including building upgrades, change of use improvements and tenant improvements
• Work directly with senior personnel on underwriting new investments
• Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios
• Screen and evaluate new tenants and negotiate lease transaction
• Review and negotiate third-party management agreements, construction contracts, loan documents, etc.
• Assist with financing and disposition transactions
• Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level reporting
• Prepare ad-hoc reports when needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• 2-5+ years’ experience, preferably in a real estate finance
• An interest in urbanization, city planning, place-making, technology and communities
• Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling
• Proficient in email in excel
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Prior experience with analyzing and negotiating lease transactions